Opinions on Weber Attenuators?

I don't care for my Splawn with attenuation. I never use it with it. With my non master Marshall Super Leads and the Mojave it's essential. I know you have a Splawn so my opinion would be to spend money elsewhere like a good volume pedal for the loop if you are trying to get better low volume tones.

The Mini Mass 50w go for $110.00 new from the Weber website. I had mine for two years and it worked great. When playing at bedroom levels the treble boost is a plus. When using a little attenuation to get your pre-amp cooking it is pretty transparant. Also,ohm selector is nice and makes it more versitial than say a Hotplate. The only reason I sold mine was because I had been laid off and I could live without it. When I start working again I will buy another. BTW, I sold mine for $85.00 and that included the heavy speaker chord ($20.00) I bought seperatly so I would look into that price. I hope this helps :rock:

Chubtone":2x5lyjmn said:
I don't care for my Splawn with attenuation. I never use it with it. With my non master Marshall Super Leads and the Mojave it's essential. I know you have a Splawn so my opinion would be to spend money elsewhere like a good volume pedal for the loop if you are trying to get better low volume tones.

+1
I don't like it at all. The amp loses its edge or something. I find an fx unit that has input attenuation works VERY well.

Chubtone":y4ljsoi8 said:

What volume pedal would you recommend for the Splawn? I've been on the Splawn website, and it seems like the tastes vary over there.

I just assumed that an attenuator would work better than a volume pedal, I've never tried the loop trick.

I'll go with a volume pedal anyways. The seller of the Weber backed out. The price was high anyway.

Isaac":1wlnpzwk said:
Chubtone":1wlnpzwk said:

What volume pedal would you recommend for the Splawn? I've been on the Splawn website, and it seems like the tastes vary over there.

I just assumed that an attenuator would work better than a volume pedal, I've never tried the loop trick.

I'll go with a volume pedal anyways. The seller of the Weber backed out. The price was high anyway.

Check here...
http://splawnfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?
They use the volume pedal trick all the time. I haven't tried it with my QR yet because I have a delay in the loop that does the attenuation.

Vrad":jmg26wpb said:
Isaac":jmg26wpb said:
Chubtone":jmg26wpb said:

Check here...
They use the volume pedal trick all the time. I haven't tried it with my QR yet because I have a delay in the loop that does the attenuation.
That's like the beehive for Splawn fanatics!
It begins there and then they leave to join other forums to 'spread the word'. :LOL: :LOL:

Randy Van Sykes":22j5h0da said:
Vrad":22j5h0da said:
Isaac":22j5h0da said:
Chubtone":22j5h0da said:

Check here...
It begins there and then they leave to join other forums to 'spread the word'. :LOL: :LOL:
LOL! :D
Yeah it's terrible.
"You want a great hot-rodded Marshall type amp?"
"You want great build for under $2k?"
"You want to actually GET your amp after you order it?"
"Look at Splawn"

Vrad":248dybh6 said:
Randy Van Sykes":248dybh6 said:
Vrad":248dybh6 said:
Isaac":248dybh6 said:
Chubtone":248dybh6 said:

Check here...
Yeah it's terrible.
"Look at Splawn"
It is though right...it's a BEEEEHIIIIVE...a BEEEEHIIIIIIVE

Randy Van Sykes":39zaoz2b said:
Vrad":39zaoz2b said:
Randy Van Sykes":39zaoz2b said:
Vrad":39zaoz2b said:
Isaac":39zaoz2b said:
Chubtone":39zaoz2b said:

Check here...
Yeah it's terrible.
"Look at Splawn"
Yes a gigantic BEEHIVE!!
All new members undergo an extensive 're-education' process.

It's the Khmer Rouge of the amp world.

Vrad":33yxxfxx said:
Randy Van Sykes":33yxxfxx said:
Randy Van Sykes":33yxxfxx said:
Isaac":33yxxfxx said:
Chubtone":33yxxfxx said:

Check here...
Yeah it's terrible.
"Look at Splawn"
Yes a gigantic BEEHIVE!!
All new members undergo an extensive 're-education' process.

It's the Khmer Rouge of the amp world.
re-education :LOL: :LOL:

Splawninites!

Back