Orange Crush combo amps???

shreder75

anyone have one of these? I was looking into maybe getting the 15 watter for late night/headphone jamming..something to bring to practices or jam sessions....

they any good for rock stuff? maybe early VH level distortion (note, I didn't say sound.) or gain?

I quoted you at HC after you used my line of " Best Marshall in 20 years is fact" slagging me.

You never responded with an answer to my question.

Oh yeah......that combo stinks imo.

not a fan of those combos either...i'd rather have a valvetronix or spider honestly, which isn't saying an awful lot

what are ya wanting to spend?

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":07ba7 said:
not a fan of those combos either...i'd rather have a valvetronix or spider honestly, which isn't saying an awful lot

what are ya wanting to spend?

not much ;) just something portable (and cheap! under 200 beans) that I can carry around for jams and whatnot..rather than havin' to lug my 2x12 and head around..

i'd look for an old used flextone combo honestly, not sure if you're into the modeling stuff or not but they're really good for low volume stuff and it's nice to have all those tones and fx to play with

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":6b5a9 said:
i'd look for an old used flextone combo honestly, not sure if you're into the modeling stuff or not but they're really good for low volume stuff and it's nice to have all those tones and fx to play with

I've had line 6 stuff..I'm not really a fan of modelling..BUT, I won't rule them out for a little jam/late night playing device

Look for a Tech21 Trademark 30 or 60. They're solid state but are really smooth amps. Both can be had in 1x12, direct outs, headphones, some basic models.

>|<>QBB<
shreder75":6c0a1 said:
>|<>QBB<

I've had line 6 stuff..I'm not really a fan of modelling..BUT, I won't rule them out for a little jam/late night playing device

that's where they work best IMO, and for recording ideas n stuff

i run a pod 2.0 into a valve jr. and it's a blast!

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":dd978 said:
>|<>QBB<

that's where they work best IMO, and for recording ideas n stuff

i run a pod 2.0 into a valve jr. and it's a blast!

I had been lookin' at those small spider 3 combos....I think it's an 8" speaker? I think it's 15 watts and was about $99

Back