Ordered a Kemper...

Gorehog

gettin it from a local shop.

anyone using it live?

pros and cons please.

SkyHighRocks Aldrich clips sold me.thanks...i think.

I use mine live. If you need a cab on stage for any reason (monitoring or if there is no pa), get the best ss power amp you can afford, and you can tweak the Kemper to sound good out the cab and direct out to the pa.

At church I go direct, no cabs, with the Maiden band I rarely have a pa so I run through a Mosvalve MV-962 into a 2x12 or 4x12. I have had luck with greenbacks and creambacks.

If you need foot control I use a Behringer FCB1010 midi controller and it is extremely flexible with the Kemper stock out of the box.

Hope this helps! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Glad I could help! :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, it's the best purchase I've made in a LONG time. Currently I use it with an Alto TS112 speaker...sounds great

blackba":3pw2j1h2 said:
Congrats, did you get the rack unit or the lunchbox?

rackmount

without the power.

i have a mosvalve poweramp.

or i was thinking of using the power amp sims on the torpedo live.

guitarmike":2ht13e8r said:
I use mine live. If you need a cab on stage for any reason (monitoring or if there is no pa), get the best ss power amp you can afford, and you can tweak the Kemper to sound good out the cab and direct out to the pa.

At church I go direct, no cabs, with the Maiden band I rarely have a pa so I run through a Mosvalve MV-962 into a 2x12 or 4x12. I have had luck with greenbacks and creambacks.

If you need foot control I use a Behringer FCB1010 midi controller and it is extremely flexible with the Kemper stock out of the box.

Hope this helps! :rock: :rock: :rock:

i have the same poweramp,just collecting dust.

how do the profiles sound if your using different pickups than the ones in the profile?
i def plan on using it live.

pickups don't effect when making the profile which is sweet!

congrats OP it is an awesome piece of gear best gear purchase I've made as well

Gorehog":1av4cw6w said:
hmm...i seen a vid where Keith Merrow describes guitar and pup choice affect the sound.

quoted from CK

"The guitar does not matter for the refining process. The Profiler mainly reads the dynamics of an amp, when played by the guitar. Every guitar delivers enough dynamics to satisfy this aspect.

In the end the type of guitar or pickup does not have an impact in the profiling result.
If the result is good, the A/B test will pass with any guitar.
If the result was not good, the flaws will be obvious with every guitar.

But as was mentioned, not every profile will fit nicely to any guitar or pickup, as in the real world.

CK "

here also down the bottom
http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index. ... adID=11635

a difference between 'tone matching' or using ozone where the guitar/pickups are a factor

I play in a cover band where I can utilize different amp/ effect combinations which the Kemper is ideal for. If I needed only one tone all night I'd stick with my tube amps.

LP Freak":21kqzxz8 said:
I play in a cover band where I can utilize different amp/ effect combinations which the Kemper is ideal for. If I needed only one tone all night I'd stick with my tube amps.

How do you have yours set up for live use?

esizer":2qr2d5hj said:
LP Freak":2qr2d5hj said:

4x12 on stage and mains to the front of the house. I've been contemplating the Atomic CLR but I'm not sure if I want to go that route. My band all uses IEM so I also have the choice of going that route if I need to.

LP Freak":325d3j6w said:
esizer":325d3j6w said:
LP Freak":325d3j6w said:

4x12 on stage and mains to the front of the house. I've been contemplating the Atomic CLR but I'm not sure if I want to go that route.

Does it have the same feel as a tube amp in this set up?

esizer":qhciauhi said:
LP Freak":qhciauhi said:
esizer":qhciauhi said:
LP Freak":qhciauhi said:

4x12 on stage and mains to the front of the house. I've been contemplating the Atomic CLR but I'm not sure if I want to go that route.

I've been playing tube amps exclusively fo the last 30 something years so it's a huge change for me. I can tell the difference in feel but the trade off is the simplicity and all the different tones at my feet. If it were a huge difference I'd never even give it a second though. I hated it at first but after getting the hang of how it works and tweeking it to my taste it's sounding pretty good. So to answer your question, it's damn close.

LP Freak":3orohcgb said:
esizer":3orohcgb said:
esizer":3orohcgb said:

I've been playing tube amps exclusively fo the last 30 something years so it's a huge change for me. I can tell the difference in feel but the trade off is the simplicity and all the different tones at my feet. If it were a huge difference I'd never even give it a second though. I hated it at first but after getting the hang of how it works and tweeking it to my taste it's sounding pretty good.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I have an Eleven Rack right now and it sounds pretty good for recording and late night playing. I may go the Kemper route eventually but right now, it may be a bit redundant.

animal":3gflj969 said:
Gorehog":3gflj969 said:
hmm...i seen a vid where Keith Merrow describes guitar and pup choice affect the sound.

quoted from CK

"The guitar does not matter for the refining process. The Profiler mainly reads the dynamics of an amp, when played by the guitar. Every guitar delivers enough dynamics to satisfy this aspect.

In the end the type of guitar or pickup does not have an impact in the profiling result.
If the result is good, the A/B test will pass with any guitar.
If the result was not good, the flaws will be obvious with every guitar.

But as was mentioned, not every profile will fit nicely to any guitar or pickup, as in the real world.

CK "

here also down the bottom
http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index. ... adID=11635

a difference between 'tone matching' or using ozone where the guitar/pickups are a factor

thank you

LP Freak":3jgkr5st said:
esizer":3jgkr5st said:
LP Freak":3jgkr5st said:

4x12 on stage and mains to the front of the house. I've been contemplating the Atomic CLR but I'm not sure if I want to go that route. My band all uses IEM so I also have the choice of going that route if I need to.

i may go UEMs.i know people that use them,and love them.
i just joned a new band am waiting to how we sound live on a stage before i make that decision.

will i be able to set up a GCP to use with the kemper?

Back