Out for delivery...(Jake content)

Rock Bodom

It's Friday afternoon, only a couple hours of work left, and the wife should be taking delivery of this in the next hour or 2:

Charvel%20Jake_zpsumfacvvb.png

One of those perfect Fridays (with no plans tonight or even tomorrow, clear sailing to jam away)...gonna be Barking at the Moon! :rock:

Man I wish they'd do the purple burst too...

lotsalemon":3jpe0795 said:
LOVE Charvel hardtails.

Can't wait to see pics of this - congrats!
Thanks bro! You know, besides being a huge Jake fan, I had been wanting to add a hardtail model (my other Charvels all have trems), so this checked a couple of boxes for me!

Question for you guys, it has a weird spot on the fretboard. When the light isn't right on it, looks dark kind of like a knot. When the light hits it right on (in this case the camera flash) it brightens up like in the picture. The texture is as smooth as the rest of the wood around it.

Any thoughts what I'm looking at, and how big a deal it is? And yeah, a couple of thin scratches around it too.

Jake%20Fretboard_zps34peehhk.png

John4021":axppmu7h said:
I'm sure that could be rubbed out.
BUT,if you bought it new,I'd bring it up.
That's helpful, because I'd really like to keep this one. I have a very good tech and don't mind having this taken care of if it's not a huge deal. And yeah, already shot a note to my dealer about it, but I know they'll make right depending on what I want to do with the guitar (good long history with them).

Otherwise, my initial impressions are very good. Very nice tone, neck feels great, a bit on the thinner side for a Charvel I think, but still very nice to play. The lavender hue is gorgeous in person, you can't really do the finish justice with pictures. Catch the light one way, it's pearl white. Tilt it a bit, it positively glows lavender, extremely cool! I'm digging the medium jumbo frets too.

The JB in it worked just fine after I raised the height quite a bit, but I have a Duncan Holdsworth I'll likely drop in.

hammered":26ka2kqf said:
Right on man , more pics of the whole thing please . Just so I can get more jealous
Yeah, I'll try to get some proper pictures up tomorrow! I just put her down after a nice long jam, you know you've got a good one when you say "just one more song" and an hour or two seem to evaporate into thin air.

Rock Bodom":30zt4vlv said:
Question for you guys, it has a weird spot on the fretboard. When the light isn't right on it, looks dark kind of like a knot. When the light hits it right on (in this case the camera flash) it brightens up like in the picture. The texture is as smooth as the rest of the wood around it.

Any thoughts what I'm looking at, and how big a deal it is? And yeah, a couple of thin scratches around it too.

Jake%20Fretboard_zps34peehhk.png

looks like it might be glue. Get some wipes (https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=baby+ ... &q=wipes&* )..they are really good at taking glue off wood without doing anything to the wood

That is pretty bad QC for a guitar that expensive though

sytharnia1560":2dxwycwl said:
looks like it might be glue. Get some wipes (https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=baby+ ... &q=wipes&* )..they are really good at taking glue off wood without doing anything to the wood

That is pretty bad QC for a guitar that expensive though
Yeah, I agree, the QC is the irritating part, that really should not have happened. Thanks for the tip on the wipes, even though my tech already e-mailed me last night and said he's got this no problem (I'm already bringing in for the bridge pickup swap), good to know how to do something like this myself.

jcmlespaul":2dxwycwl said:
How do you like the single coils?
First experience with the SDS-1, but I think they work for me. Being a high gain player, I don't want a neck single to get too thin sounding, and this seems pretty beefy but still a very pleasing tone for soloing. Can get Hendrixy but handles a sweep nicely too, probably the exact right balance for what I need.

I definitely like the tilting, I've always thought this was the right direction to tilt pickups. Even the middle pickup (which I usually have little use for) sounds particularly good to me.

Browns Fan":zpgolmga said:
Love the guitar and tuning buttons are a nice touch. ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Thank you sir! I totally agree on the tuners, love the look of them on this.

hammered":zpgolmga said:
That guitar is a thing of beauty . Jake is the reason my guitars are hardtails
Besides likewise loving the look and the Jake connection, I think I'm definitely digging the hardtail. Love just popping the low E down for drop D with a quick turn of the knob too (don't like the D Tuna on my Floyded guitars because I prefer a floating set up).

Back