Pantera....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
My brother Video called me last night at the Pantera show in Bangor....as soon as I got sound I knew what it was....It was pretty awesome him doing that. I was super surprised. I was worried about him...he's homeless in Maine after his whore girlfriend kicked him to the curb....but he's doing better than me if he's at Pantera...lol....anyway-just thought I would share. Going to try and make Louisville if I can....anybody else see or plan on going to see them?

I seen them with metallica a few weeks ago at sofi stadium, sounded better than i thought they would, it aint dime and vinny but zakk and charlie did a good job and it was nice to hear phil and rex playing pantera songs live. I approached it with the mentality its a tribute to dime and vinnys music, i wasnt disappointed

Saw their first US headline show in the Woodlands, Tx a few weeks back

I took both of my sons, ages 24 and 18

having grown up in Dallas and opened for Pantera twice, they were so excited to go and see what the hype was all about. they have been raised on Pantera.

they both had sore necks from banging their heads, and both of their voices were shot from singing and screaming. It was awesome to share that experience with them

now the show>>

I have not been to a concert that intense in the last ten years at least. As Les stated, going in with the mindset that it was a tribute was the key. they played their asses off from the first note to the last.

If they come back through I will go again. it was great experience as a father first and foremost.

That show was about 3 miles from my house, but my stupid job....if I hadn't had to cover for someone this morning, I probably would have gone to that show.

The day I had tickets for it stormed and turned into a rainstorm with a mud pit . I couldn’t do it . I stayed home . I can’t stand being in that shit . Did it once .

I saw them last weekend with Metallica in Phoenix. I never got to see them in their heyday in the 90s and early 2000s so I didn't have a benchmark for what to expect although I was a huge fan when it was Pantera in all their glory. I went into it with no expectations and they absolutely reignited my love for their music. They were fucking delivering on every song, Phil sang his ass off and had a commanding stage presence that got the crowd fired the fuck up!! Most of the songs were tuned pretty low which sounded a little off-putting initially but fit what they were doing. Zakk put tasteful fills in the songs where appropriate and didn't go overboard with it. Rex and Charlie were tight with the low end and the drums. If you're going into it expecting Pantera, you get most of the way there and get probably the closest thing we will get to Pantera with known musicans that respect the music, the band and carried on the legacy. I would totally go see them again if given the opportunity. And then Metallica played...

Not ’t til 2024, in Foxboro, Mass. I can’t fucking wait. I check out vids every few weeks to see how it’s all holding up and Zakk’s obviously been working on the solos, Phil has been consistent as fuck….they’ve all been consistent.

Hopefully your bro finds a situation soon @JackBootedThug, I grew up an hour an a half south of Bangor and it’s going to be getting chilly at night in about 2 weeks up there.

Decent sound on this vid, I only got up to the solo in “Mouth For War” but Zakk tore that one right up. Glad to hear him putting some work into those solos.

Last edited:
The day I had tickets for it stormed and turned into a rainstorm with a mud pit . I couldn’t do it . I stayed home . I can’t stand being in that shit . Did it once .
if you know you know. i had a friend who got a bacterial infection from falling into a mud pit at a show that turned into that. He had to stay in the hospital for 3 days.

I’ve also been noticing an improvement in the solos and overall performances of late. They must be stepping up their game after realising what a money spinner this is.

They could keep doing it for years as a “tribute act” that would be bigger than their main acts. All of the musicians are ageing and potentially nearing retirement, so this could be the final encore before curtain call.

Not that it’s a bad thing, maybe I’ll get to see half of Pantera as well someday.

The rain stopped after a few minutes. I live like two miles from the prison where it was at. I didn’t go but I always head outside to take a listen. They sounded pretty good to me.

I’ll definitely be disappointed if a ”Pantera” album gets released from these guys. Love the live shows, would buy a DVD, but a studio album with new songs? Fuck no.

I’ll definitely be disappointed if a ”Pantera” album gets released from these guys. Love the live shows, would buy a DVD, but a studio album with new songs? Fuck no.

i just cant imagine seeing the size of the crowds they are playing to and how many people seem to be digging this that its not coming. Rita is on stage now singing along and shit, its coming lol.

Not ’t til 2024, in Foxboro, Mass. I can’t fucking wait. I check out vids every few weeks to see how it’s all holding up and Zakk’s obviously been working on the solos, Phil has been consistent as fuck….they’ve all been consistent.

Hopefully your bro finds a situation soon @JackBootedThug, I grew up an hour an a half south of Bangor and it’s going to be getting chilly at night in about 2 weeks up there.

Decent sound on this vid, I only got up to the solo in “Mouth For War” but Zakk tore that one right up. Glad to hear him putting some work into those solos.

Thanks dude…he’s staying in the dodge ram hotel…lol…that’s his choice though. He doesn’t have to stay there homeless…he chooses that.

I was admittedly cynical about seeing them open for Metallica. Phil isn’t a good human. HOWEVER, once they started playing the SONGS took over and I got into it.

Back