Peavey EVH 5150 Choke mod

I've done a few of these. As posted lift the power board and change the screen grid resistors to 470 ohm. Also the bias mod is a must. I would do that before adding a choke. I do mine nice and neat with a Bourns pot glued to the board. I lift the board and solder in the bias resistor and lead clean. I also relocate the standby switch. I use the stock plastic plugs and hide the new wiring inside so it looks clean. Getting the old pins out of the plastic is a bitch. I think it's two plugs you need to push through. Drill your choke in a good spot. When I was into it, I did one for free for a member on here. You can see where the two leads come through the connectors for standby relocation. Pics blow up.
I'd like to see the pictures of the standby switch relocation

I've done a few of these. As posted lift the power board and change the screen grid resistors to 470 ohm. Also the bias mod is a must. I would do that before adding a choke. I do mine nice and neat with a Bourns pot glued to the board. I lift the board and solder in the bias resistor and lead clean. I also relocate the standby switch. I use the stock plastic plugs and hide the new wiring inside so it looks clean. Getting the old pins out of the plastic is a bitch. I think it's two plugs you need to push through. Drill your choke in a good spot. When I was into it, I did one for free for a member on here. You can see where the two leads come through the connectors for standby relocation. Pics blow up.
Can I see the pictures of the peavey 5150 choke mod switch relocation?

Back