PEDAL POWER SUPPLIES

Have the 4X4 And AC unit from VooDoo Labs. Would probably get something else down the road. If you’re going to use a wah, most power supplies will cause all kinds of noise issues if it’s remotely close. I moved mine off-board which helped but had read/seen where Friedman’s power supply doesn’t react at all to having a wah on top of it. Mine are mounted underneath my Pedaltrain board.

Have the 4X4 And AC unit from VooDoo Labs. Would probably get something else down the road. If you’re going to use a wah, most power supplies will cause all kinds of noise issues if it’s remotely close. I moved mine off-board which helped but had read/seen where Friedman’s power supply doesn’t react at all to having a wah on top of it. Mine are mounted underneath my Pedaltrain board.
Neither does the Truetone CS12 and exactly why I used it and left the Voodoo stuff that I had used for years. Truetone is dead quiet!

Xact Tone Solutions who did my board puts alot of Truetone stuff on their boards, good enough for me. That said, I believe the new Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 3 has rectified this issue.

If you're talking about the old One Spot wall wart daisy chain thing, yeah definitely those definitely can cause issues. The new OneSpot pedal power supplies are a totally different thing
I agree - my first outing was the daisy chain but I've had zero issues with my mounted one from them. I also don't have a wah on my board so I've had no issues with noise

I bought a Voodoo lab power supply, the good one and it died so I bought another one. It also died so I contacted Voodoo and they said for me to send them both in which they repaired for free including the shipping. Voodoo labs has the best customer service that I’ve ever dealt with. Try that with other power supply unit companies. People will just laugh at you if you’re out of warranty, Voodoo didn’t even make me provide sales receipt.

which one?
IMG_9717.png

I have an MXR mini iso brick and also a Truetone One Spot Pro CS12. If I could go back I'd get a Truetone CS7 instead of the MXR. I've never had any clock noise issues with the Truetone but do with the MXR. I still can't run an MXR Flanger and an El Cap on it without clock noise. I use a dedicated supply for the El Cap and the MXR iso brick for everything else on that board and that cures it.
My CS212 kicks ass as well

+1 for Strymon, mine is going strong and doing a great job. I’ve heard only good things about Cioks, but this Strymon just won’t die so I can replace it :)

I've got an Iso-Brick.

Can't say I'm a fan. Big and bulky and awkward. Don't like the outputs being two rows of five, makes it annoying to dig around under the board and move wiring around.

I'm considering switching up for a Truetone CS12. It's got more gas in the tank.

Pedal Power 3 Plus--it has 10 x 9v that all supply up to 500mA. This makes a difference on a lot of pedals, the older ones most are 100mA.

I used to use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 plus, but needed just a few more. So I bought a daisy chain splitter so that one input could supply two pedals. It was tricky to avoid hum. I finally added a 2nd one I had laying around, only an original version of the above. So I have two. That seemed to fix my noise issues. It takes up more space, but it worked.

I moved to a VOODOO LAB PEDAL POWER 3 PLUS.

Love it.

Always been a voodoo power supply of some kind for me

Back