Pedal questions- ocd or gt-500 or zvex BOR

Les Zombie

Maybe some of u guys will be able to help me, i have a fulltone ocd v2 and its a nice pedal but i wanna try some other stuff. I was thinking about a fulltone gt500 or zvex box of rock.
I will be using it as a distortion and thru a clean channel of a amp.
I dont want anything thats too loose on the lower strings or muddy sounding either, i plan on getting a suhr riot for more modern and agressive stuff but the gt500 or zvex would be for a lower gain and rock type stuff.

What do u guys think of these 2 pedals compared to the ocd.
Theres something about the ocd that i have grown away from and i would rather have something different on my board.

Normally i would just use some of my amps but sometimes i get asked to play at churches out of town and i like to have my board with me incase the amp is like a fender twin or just has a clean channel. Or theres been a few times i hae flew with my band out of state to play a show and i couldnt bring my amps and needed to use whatever was rented for us.
So im not always in a situation where i have my amps with me.

If you try a GT500 make sure it's the latest ones that are red. I have one and I like it a lot. I'm able to get the distortion side very close in tone to the OCD and have a tube screamerish side as well with the OD side.

I'd stay away from the Box of Rock if you don't want muddy low end.
Maybe look into a MI Audio Blues Pro.
To me, it is an excellent low to mid gain pedal for a clean amp, also great for a dirty amp to make it scream.
It stays very tight and is very responsive to pickups, volume knob and playing technique.

Have you tried out the Xotic line up at all? BB or BB+...??

Nice stomps, unique feel and tone, definite quality sound from lows to highs - I love mine, and it took a while to get into it, but it really is a sweet stomp.

Just my 2 cents.
V.

Marshall Law":lnqyussd said:
love th OCD, :thumbsup: hated the GT500 :thumbsdown:

Did you try the red ones? I hated the ones before this one. I demoed the OCD right next to the red GT500's and I went with the later.

Back