Phaser location?

Where do you have your phaser?

• Pre

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Post/Loop

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Source Audio EQ2 has para or graphic, presets, MIDI control, boost, noise gate, limiter, expression control and even a tuner.

I only use it to cut the speaker cab resonant frequency and then sculpt a little mids and presence.
Set it up once and haven't touched it since except to mess with the presence depending on how
fried the ears are getting.

That's why I noted "how you used it". The SA wins for versatility but for set it and forget it the Empress wins imo.

Reactions: rsm
I only use it to cut the speaker cab resonant frequency and then sculpt a little mids and presence.
Set it up once and haven't touched it since except to mess with the presence depending on how
fried the ears are getting.

That's why I noted "how you used it". The SA wins for versatility but for set it and forget it the Empress wins imo.
I use EQ to fine tune my guitar sound; having presets lets me dial it in for different guitars. Mostly just go direct into the amp, for raw tones; not using many effects these days after overusing effects for several years!

If you want some classic dirty, plug your Phaser thru the input of the amp, even if it's a digital Phaser, like EVH's first LP or Jimmy Page's .
Experiment, see what you like best .
With my setup, I have some modulators going through the input of my "amp" to give my modulation some Clasdic Rock Dirt and my Rack processor can give me more modern clean modulation .
You can hear the difference.

Back