pirateship

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
saw where mooncobra mentioned it and I checked them out. Glad I did. Shipped a gigantic road armored pedal board case halfway across the country for just shy of $50.....
52"x20"x7"......50lbs.......
had to spend extra for UPS to do a pick up because I live in bumfuckegypt. Other than that it was great. You do need to be able to print a shipping label though. I stuck it in a large freezer bag and taped it to the side. It showed up there like next day undamaged. When I was packing it my mailman stopped and kicked it with me for a few. He said to leave the handles exposed and accessible. The packers would appreciate it. So I did and marked all the handle locations for them as well....worked out great.

never heard of it. glad I am on this forum. this will save me a ton. I buy and sell rock and roll memorabilia. sometimes I sell an entire collection at one time. this will help.

This is really good info :yes:

Thanks for sharing. :cheers: I have never heard of it. It is a cloud based/app based platform. I assume it keeps costs down due to reducing overhead. You provide label and tracking.

https://www.pirateship.com/cheapest... makes Pirate Ship the,tack on any extra fees.

Glad I didn't go with my original post earlier today when no one had posted yet :LOL:

I came back here to learn and my old reply was still sitting there - so for the lols ...

saw where mooncobra mentioned it and I checked them out. Glad I did. Shipped a gigantic road armored pedal board case halfway across the country for just shy of $50.....
had to spend extra for UPS to do a pick up because I live in bumfuckegypt. Other than that it was great. You do need to be able to print a shipping label though. I stuck it in a large freezer bag and taped it to the side. It showed up there like next day undamaged. When I was packing it my mailman stopped and kicked it with me for a few. He said to leave the handles exposed and accessible. The packers would appreciate it. So I did and marked all the handle locations for them as well....worked out great.
So you shipped a pedal board to the Green Bay Packers and when the UPS driver showed up, you two kicked the handles because there was a large freezer bag on it? Makes sense to me.

Last edited:

52"?

pedalboard.jpg

:D

Going to have to look into this. I’m probably going to need to be willing to ship a couple guitars in order to sell them and the costs are just outrageous. Is it worth using for smaller items over USPS Priority? USPS upped the base price for shipping Priority mail to just under $10.

Back