Post yer Charvel / Jackson

MIM Charvel hardtail. I just had Lindy Fralin Big Single pickups installed. I wanted a guitar that got that blazing gained up single coil tone Gary Moore got in the ealry 80s. The Big Singles work great
IMG_2108.jpeg

I have 2 of 'em. A 1990 USA Jackson Fusion that's been completely restored. It originally had the bikini girls graphics on it but it's been stripped and refinished in huge gold metalflake. Also has a new schaller floyd and I have been pickup swapping to get the right combo. Currently has a Tone Nerd Wicked8 in the bridge and a Dimarzio area 67 in the neck. The middle spot is just an empty cover since I prefer simple wiring schemes and never use that position. The neck is a little too thin on this guitar but man, its a smooth player and sustains like a Les Paul for some crazy reason I can't figure out. I love the short scale on these fusions.

The Kelly is a Brandon Ellis I bought B-stock in 2022. Its a pretty incredible guitar. I had to replace the tuners and put in a press in floyd arm. I like the Duncan Parallel Axis pickup a lot for high gain stuff. It's a very even and balanced sounding guitar. The 1000 series floyd can't hold a candle to the Schaller on my other Jackson but it gets the job done and stays in tune okay. I really like the neck on this guitar. Very wide and not too thin actually. Fret work is perfect as far as I could tell. Plus is looks amazing.

IMG_1901.jpg
IMG_1902.jpg

WOW, flashback, that's my old Wayne. I owned that what must be nearing 20 years ago at this point. That was a cool guitar. It's on a very short list of guitars I'd love to play again since I've evolved so much as a player since then.

As for my Charvels, I only have one left and I just took a bunch of pics of it since I'm pretty sure I'm going to finally sell it. It's a mutt, USA neck and neckplate with an aftermarket body, very Joe Holmes inspired...

2023-12-06+10.18.36.jpg
I've got two Charvel clones 😉

bVWDncNh.jpg

evJZbxxh.jpg

2010 MIJ So-Cal, in Snow-white.

It's my "Adrian Smith" guitar. Pickups have been replaced multiple times;
currently: Super Distortion (b) and Air Norton (n) with a coil-split push/pull potmeter.
Further upgrades: FU Tone big brass trem block and an EVH D-Tuna.

Attachments

• Charvel So-Cal.jpg
    Charvel So-Cal.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 24
Back