Post Your Hostas

japetus

This is one of my favorite Hostas on my property. Anyone else a hosta bro? They succ up water.
F49EBC34-1432-44A0-A41E-1188A97479EF.jpeg

Sort-of-similar (not really of course) in that the leaves made me think of them Brother B, but I've been growing Aglaonema "Silver Queen" for 30 years.

Somehow I ended up with a plant back in the '90s, not knowing what it was, and propagated from there. I've got a dozen or so indoors but even then, they slow down to a crawl in winter 'cause I can't afford to heat the house. These puppies are rare in that you never seem them, at least in my neck of the woods. I've not seen a plant other than mine and everyone who sees them says they've not seen 'em before.

I shifted your thread to Hobbies from "I Saw the Strangest Thing" BTW:

Aglaonema-Maria-Christina-2.jpg

Sort-of-similar (not really of course) in that the leaves made me think of them Brother B, but I've been growing Aglaonema "Silver Queen" for 30 years.

Somehow I ended up with a plant back in the '90s, not knowing what it was, and propagated from there. I've got a dozen or so indoors but even then, they slow down to a crawl in winter 'cause I can't afford to heat the house. These puppies are rare in that you never seem them, at least in my neck of the woods. I've not seen a plant other than mine and everyone who sees them says they've not seen 'em before.

I shifted your thread to Hobbies from "I Saw the Strangest Thing" BTW:

View attachment 116302
Beautiful plant!

Yup. That's why I've persisted all these years Brother B.

It's a really-slow grower 'though so you have to be patient, at least where I live. A warm, humid climate might be different, but in cool or maybe even temperate environments it's slow. In winter indoors (I doubt they'd survive outdoors where I live) I'm lucky if a plant grows a single new leaf.

Yup. That's why I've persisted all these years Brother B.

It's a really-slow grower 'though so you have to be patient, at least where I live. A warm, humid climate might be different, but in cool or maybe even temperate environments it's slow. In winter indoors (I doubt they'd survive outdoors where I live) I'm lucky if a plant grows a single new leaf.
Have you grown aloe plants?

Only Aloe Vera; I've got 3 pots of it. Very-handy to have around.

We had various Aloes in the yard where I grew up in South Africa but I can't remember them. If I saw them I'd probably recognise them 'though.

Just wanted to give a hosta update, HostaBro is back and beefy. Trimmed him down and now he's just waiting for that hot weather to hit so he can drink and get gains.
A2B7A494-DE57-43E9-95A0-E08404025716.jpeg

Of all the things I have strong opinions on, hostas are one of them. God I hate them lol. My father pranks me every year by planting one in my yard when I’m least expecting it

No need to get Hosta-ile about it!
Lol I I do get their appeal. They are very effective and efficient. And I do like the look of some of the variegated varieties.
I was just a landscaper for like a decade and I’m sorta tired of looking at them

Lol I I do get their appeal. They are very effective and efficient. And I do like the look of some of the variegated varieties.
I was just a landscaper for like a decade and I’m sorta tired of looking at them
I ran a gradient plastic and rock under my deck. I placed this boy there to soak up some water.

You've been up close to them though?
Can't think of a better word.

I don't know if we had some sort of hybrid for the home though - grew more full (out) than it did tall.
We had a semi-enclosed patio with two beds about 18" wide running down the sides.

Crack a leave and rub the stuff on a burn, bee sting, etc. and it worked like a charm though!

You've been up close to them though?
Can't think of a better word.

I don't know if we had some sort of hybrid for the home though - grew more full (out) than it did tall.
Crack a leave and rub the stuff on a burn, bee sting, etc. and it worked like a charm!
Succulent

Back