PSA......Axe-Fx 10.0 is up

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version10_00/

Added value checking to MidiSendName() to prevent illegal MIDI sysex values which are present in some presets created with old editor.

Reworked Euro Uber model. Added “Shiver Cln” and “Shiver Ld” models. Added “Marsha BE” and “Marsha HBE” models. Added “Face Fuzz” and “Master Fuzz” drive models.

Improved Presence control algorithm in amp block. The new algorithm more accurately models the resulting response of the power amp and speaker coil interaction. Increasing the Presence control will now produce more “bite” and a more pronounced attack.

New slew-rate algorithm in Drive block. This algorithm is an exact model of the op-amp slew-rate limiting.

Fixed amp block popping when turning power amp simulation on/off.

plus there is a model of the Marshall 1987X called "1987X MOD" that isn't mentioned in the release notes.

Get Mentoneman into the bunker pronto for pain driven demo asap.

1987x mod huh? GEt the knitting circle together on that one :D

Can't wait to get my hands on an Axe-FX. Next purchase for sure..I just don't want to have to sell anything for it :gethim:

Really anxious to hear the Marsha sim!

Digital Jams":1f0p0owr said:
Get Mentoneman into the bunker pronto for pain driven demo asap.

1987x mod huh? GEt the knitting circle together on that one :D
the 1987 is a model of the re-issue...top end on it sounds birchen, bottom needs to be filtered.
Marshas will be faves around here.
Shiva clean is good, Shiva Lead is beyond killer. Reworked Uber rules. Fuzz is great...so there.

GITTarzann":dh6xq460 said:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version10_00/

Added value checking to MidiSendName() to prevent illegal MIDI sysex values which are present in some presets created with old editor.

Reworked Euro Uber model. Added “Shiver Cln” and “Shiver Ld” models. Added “Marsha BE” and “Marsha HBE” models. Added “Face Fuzz” and “Master Fuzz” drive models.

Improved Presence control algorithm in amp block. The new algorithm more accurately models the resulting response of the power amp and speaker coil interaction. Increasing the Presence control will now produce more “bite” and a more pronounced attack.

New slew-rate algorithm in Drive block. This algorithm is an exact model of the op-amp slew-rate limiting.

Fixed amp block popping when turning power amp simulation on/off.

plus there is a model of the Marshall 1987X called "1987X MOD" that isn't mentioned in the release notes.
Downloading... :rock:

Steve

Ugh. I borrowed a friends Axe-FX for a week. WAY too much tweaking for me. I'm sure there are tons of kick ass tones in there, just too much work for me!

I like my super simple Blackmore!

:D

tnourse":ta3exgqz said:
Ugh. I borrowed a friends Axe-FX for a week. WAY too much tweaking for me. I'm sure there are tons of kick ass tones in there, just too much work for me!

Out of curiosity...tweak what? You throw up an amp and cab sim, tweak the bass,mids, treble and call it a day...where exactly is the tweaking?

degenaro":dlisabg2 said:
tnourse":dlisabg2 said:

Out of curiosity...tweak what? You throw up an amp and cab sim, tweak the bass,mids, treble and call it a day...where exactly is the tweaking?

No offense to tnourse, but when it comes to the Axe-fx i see that excuse thrown at it all the time. Is it really any harder than a PODXT to tweak? Probably not.

danyeo":1khnqj5s said:
No offense to tnourse, but when it comes to the Axe-fx i see that excuse thrown at it all the time. Is it really any harder than a PODXT to tweak? Probably not.

No, it's not. and hurry with the standard version!

I was surfing the web on my iPhone while watching the end of 3rd quarter of Game 7 of the Finals... I promptly stopped watching the game to go upload the firmware to 10.0. There is something a lot more clear about all of my patches... not just the presence... and for me the prescense (on the high gain amps that I tried) sound like a "clarity" knob or setting... All I did was reset the high gain amp to default (in this case the Euro Red) and kick up the master volume a bit (to around 6.5) and then I kicked up the prescense (to around 2.5) and it sound soooooooo good!

I had a project in Sonar that I recorded (with a high gain patch I was working) on... I decided to record the same riff with the same patch but using 10.0 (as apposed to 9.03) and the difference in "clarity" was very noticeable. I should have exported the two clips to upload them.

Cliff: I know one of your mods (Jay Mitchell) banned me (without my three warnings I might add) from the FAS forum... so I'll thank you here... Thank You for 10.0... it's definitely a great update!!!!

Can't wait to play this live!!!!!!!

P.S. When I came back to see the game (from what I thought was only a couple of minutes) the Lakers had already won... :LOL: :LOL:

P.S.S. What does PSA stand for?

danyeo":lklwu92b said:
degenaro":lklwu92b said:
tnourse":lklwu92b said:

that's my point...

Back