PSA: "Who is the real Larry?" thread is live

Man play what you want, life is too short to wait to be “good enough”. Fuck all that shit. I have an ungodly expensive studio that is so outrageously overkill for someone at my skill level it’s asinine. But who cares, it makes me happy, that’s enough for me!
Yes, being happy is all that counts. Life is too short to wait to be good enough to play an amp you are dying to get.

I just meant in general. Not just Larry in particular, but any small boutique amp company: you can’t survive with “mishaps” like this, if they are true. But I agree, the Larry is up there with other “legendary” amps that no one uses…. :D CALM DOWN GUYZ PUT DOWN THE PITCHFORKS. #C+

On a more serious note, I do agree with you though, I honestly don’t know anyone really outside schaeffer. I have seen a picture or two during the black album recording sessions in which a Larry was there in the picture, but who knows if it was really used. But yea definitely, I don’t really know anyone using these amps.
To me this has always been one of the weirdest things. These are expensive amps. Not saying they are not worth it. But there is a lot of hype around something that does not have many photos, most people do not have the ability to have played, and, oddly, there are very minimal recordings of (and the list of advertised celebrity endorsements is minimal compared to a company like Mesa). There really have only been a few videos in the last couple of years even showing the sounds of the amp and quality varies dramatically between recording quality. It is a bit odd to see so much hype for an amp with such minimal exposure. Of course for that very reason they, of course, have my curiosity.

I am in contact with her. And have asked her, had she received any money /refund from larry amps ? Response “ NO “
Thank you for making your first post here since 2017 and providing additional validation for this overdue expose. No doubt you feel passionate about SteveK’s widow issue. How I wish things hadn’t come to this.

tenor.gif

When was steve’s last thread post on rig talk that was not a F/s thread in the classifieds ?
Answered the question that was asked. ??

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/fortins-evil-pumpkin-–-made-in-china.209164/

So he never contacted her then? You mean.. he LIED?!

Attachments

• 6F47261E-6A4B-46A9-AE6C-E3A35BDA2F59.png
    6F47261E-6A4B-46A9-AE6C-E3A35BDA2F59.png
    421 KB · Views: 116
When was steve’s last thread post on rig talk that was not a F/s thread in the classifieds ?
Answered the question that was asked. ?
And ?

Thank you for making your first post here since 2017 and providing additional validation for this overdue expose. No doubt you feel passionate about SteveK’s widow issue. How I wish things hadn’t come to this.
Answered the question that was asked. ??

To me this has always been one of the weirdest things. These are expensive amps. Not saying they are not worth it. But there is a lot of hype around something that does not have many photos, most people do not have the ability to have played, and, oddly, there are very minimal recordings of (and the list of advertised celebrity endorsements is minimal compared to a company like Mesa). There really have only been a few videos in the last couple of years even showing the sounds of the amp and quality varies dramatically between recording quality. It is a bit odd to see so much hype for an amp with such minimal exposure. Of course for that very reason they, of course, have my curiosity.

I agree completely too. They certainly LOOK great, for whatever that is worth ( which isn’t much).

I will say, and Tiago/ @SBlue can verify this because I believe he was there, but arguably the absolutely most neurotic guitar tone freak I know and produces some absolutely incredible sounding records, said it was the best amp he’s ever heard in his life. Take that for what you will, but I was extremely surprised by that, especially because This person does not in the least buy in to hype or what people think is cool.

But none the less, I agree completely: there is absolutely no real videos/real world scenarios where you can hear these things. And let’s be honest, iced earth in the grand scheme of things was/is not an extremely popular band, so how Larry amps got the recognition they do, makes it even more of a mystery to me. And even more so, Jon schaeffer is nowhere near a household name, no matter what this forum or guys like us think (and this is coming from someone who absolutely grew up on iced earth and was a die hard fan). Jon definitely was never the guitar player who had a huge social media following, or endorsements etc. so it is all very perplexing to me.

Steve K was a good guy. Nobody here would argue that.
The Steve K / Larry drama played out on here many years ago. Look it up. Hell, your an old timer here although I don’t see you post much anymore?
This doesn’t need a new thread to rehash old news.
I prob missed that whole thing, only Larry I pay attention to is of the Larry, Moe & Curly clan haha. Guess it’s not a rehash if he already did the decent thing and reimbursed her, if not that’s a different story

I prob missed that whole thing, only Larry I pay attention to is of the Larry, Mike & Curly clan haha. Guess it’s not a rehash if he already did the decent thing and reimbursed her, if not that’s a different story
It was along time ago, so I don’t exactly recall if there was any certain outcome?
The strange thing is Pstar is in here after a five year Rigtalk vacation saying that Steve’s wife never got paid. 🤔🤔🤔

its pretty simple. this board is the ONLY one ive been on that acrively talks about Larry amps - and im a BIG gear nerd..... seems like he is super-boutique and at 7500$, you need your head examined to pay that for a metal amp, when there are so many incredible options under $4k.

having said that, if the only forum that i know of talks about Larry amps also has multiple stories of him not following through on orders, its that simple, im out of even thinking about it.

he probably has enough local euro customers he doesnt give 2 poops about this tiny corner of the amp internet...

Back