PT100 Ch. 2 gain level

djpatb

Hi guys,
Just trying to get an idea how heavy Ch. 2 will get.
I'm thinking about buying a PT100, and I want to use Ch. 2 as my main rhythm sound, then flip to Ch. 3 to boost gain and volume a tiny bit for leads.
With Ch. 2 maxed out, can I get in the ballpark of Clutch, Alice in Chains, Down and Soundgarden for example?
I need this channel to be a heavy thick hard rock tone. Thanks!

Yes, channel 2 can definitely get you into Soundgarden territory. It can get very tight and heavy no problem. Pete Thorn was using it with Christ Cornell and all the Soundgarden stuff sounded great.

Cool, thanks man! I wanted to make sure that was capable on Ch.2 before using the boost/Ch.3.
Actually...I just ordered a PT-100 finally! So I'll find out for myself soon enough. :)

Congrats on your incoming PT100...amazing amp and by far my fav of all I've owned..hence why I still have her and gig with her. With the bands you described..ie clutch, down.. you will want to run the feedback 'lower'..like say between 1-3..it 'opens' up the amp a little more and gets the more modern, looser feel...great for drop d stuff. I'd keep prez between 4-7 and whomp at 1/2..but you can tweek and see the tonal differences. There is PLENTY of gain in Ch 2 and you will love the tones this beauty possesses!! You start running the feedback up to 5 and beyond and it really tightens up the amp into Marshall hot rodded heaven. Enjoy bro :rock: ...best amp out there imho.

Thanks for the tips Suhrimmetal! I can't wait to try it out with all my cabs. I'm hoping this leads to a massive gear purge, haha.

Grab a Koko Boost too. I actually prefer Ch2 over Ch3, and if I want a bit more gain, the right side of the koko boost with the switch to the left and the knob at 9 o'clock brings the magic.

That's exactly what my current rig setup is with my PT100. I run a kokoboost out front with mids at 9oclock and freq toggle far left... Dig it :rock:

suhrimmetal":2snxgjds said:
That's exactly what my current rig setup is with my PT100. I run a kokoboost out front with mids at 9oclock and freq toggle far left... Dig it :rock:

I see you are enjoying my old PT100, it's one of the best amps out there. I am patiently waiting for the new release of the Suhr PT100, I miss that amp a lot. :doh:

Yeah..I soooo dig it bro.. I've slept with Splawns, Diezels, Bogners, Peaveys, Marshalls... and the PT100 is still in my bed. Completely love the amp and the only other amp I'll buy is the updated PT100 when John and Pete finish her up....and maybe a A Wood Rhodes Colussus if Kyle or Andy send me one. :yes: Cheerz :rock:

suhrimmetal":1r1rc2pj said:
Yeah..I soooo dig it bro.. I've slept with Splawns, Diezels, Bogners, Peaveys, Marshalls... and the PT100 is still in my bed. Completely love the amp and the only other amp I'll buy is the updated PT100 when John and Pete finish her up....and maybe a A Wood Rhodes Colussus if Kyle or Andy send me one. :yes: Cheerz :rock:

So wait, all I need to do is send you a Colossus and you'll buy it?? Sweet! What's you're address? :D :rock:

You had me til the 'buy' word bro :LOL: :LOL: Believe me, if I had the funds, your amp would be top of my list. Good luck and keep rocking! :rock:

protoplasma":3mrnbheo said:
suhrimmetal":3mrnbheo said:

So wait, all I need to do is send you a Colossus and you'll buy it?? Sweet! What's you're address? :D :rock:

That's what you did to me, one weekend with the Rhodes and I placed my order :rock:

Back