PT100 settings

MARK1970

I just received my PT100. I want to see what settings everybody is using.
This is my ch.2 setting, but I am always tweeking.

Gain: 7
Bass: 5.5
Mid:6
Treble: 6.5
Presence: about 5
Whomp: middle

I tend to like the feedback a bit lower... around 2-3ish... seems to be the sweet area for me... I get some tightness and still have enough low end sag

Sweet amp huh!!!

I have the 2 channel PT prototype (dirty only) and was thinking about adding a Badger 30 for clean / voxish tones....

Matt V

I use a very similar setting.

Gain: 6
Bass: 5
Middle: 6
treble: 6-7
Presence: 5
Bright ON
Whomp: middle

:rock:

I played it at band practice yesterday. I was goinh throug all kinds of settings. They all sounded great. I love this amp.

Really the original PT sounds great with all the ch 2/3 knobs anywhere from 4-6, you can vary it to your liking from there. Put everything on 5 and you are good to go!

I run my presence on 4 and feedback on 3 usually.

I've had my PT100 for awhile now. On the dirty channel, bass around 1:00, mid 11:30 treble 2:00, presence 12:00 and feeback 11:00. No whomp. I like my heaviness, so boost gain 2:30. Awesome.

I am historically not a "booster" and have never, ever found one I like. I just bought a Koko boost, and damn this thing is great. I can't decide yet which I like better, the clean boost or the mid boost, but either way it doesn't squash my tone like nearly every other boost I've ever tried. Kick that sucker on for solo type things and its almost like kicking in one of those sustainer gadgets (meaning, for reference I have a Jackson PC1 with the sustainer) where even at low volume you get nearly endless sustain that easily blooms into feedback.

I can't get enough of this damn PT100. Live and loud the clean is CLEAN when you want it. With the Channel 2 and boost (I guess its Channel 3) you have a great palette of tones, and THEN the Koko just takes it up a level for perfect single note stuff. I loved the amp before I got the Koko, and it doesn't NEED it, but its a perfect addition.

Hate to say it, but I haven't turned on my XTC or Herbert for weeks now.

I dont get it I feel like Im constantly fighting mine..
Did you change tubes???etc
Mine has a ars jj and the rest ars chinese in it and I really feel like this amp should do more..real boring and sterile..

just42dave":2ewdy5gu said:
I dont get it I feel like Im constantly fighting mine..
Did you change tubes???etc
Mine has a ars jj and the rest ars chinese in it and I really feel like this amp should do more..real boring and sterile..

Is yours an original PT or a conversion? My amp came with ARS EL34s.

That has a full set of new JJ's directly from Suhr. Dave may be used to more compression than the PT gives. Is is a more open sounds than bogner's and soldano types.

just42dave":cvexioxy said:
True..I do still feel as though im grrrrr ing with it..

If you are into the CAA stuff, you might be more of an OD100 SE+ guy. That's the first CAA amp I had, and IMO, it really lacks the open, crunchy tone of the PT amps, but I suppose that's exactly what its going for. It was really not for me, in as much as I have a bunch of more compressed sounding amps that I still think are better.

Rayneman":3pvzihpt said:
just42dave":3pvzihpt said:

If you are into the CAA stuff, you might be more of an OD100 SE+ guy. That's the first CAA amp I had, and IMO, it really lacks the open, crunchy tone of the PT amps, but I suppose that's exactly what its going for. It was really not for me, in as much as I have a bunch of more compressed sounding amps that I still think are better.

How do you like that amp compared to the Bogner?

I have a Diezel Einstein, and thinking of getting an amp that complements it the best, be it a Suhr PT-100, Marsha or Bogner....

Nico":j0lhq2t0 said:
Rayneman":j0lhq2t0 said:
just42dave":j0lhq2t0 said:

How do you like that amp compared to the Bogner?

I have a Diezel Einstein, and thinking of getting an amp that complements it the best, be it a Suhr PT-100, Marsha or Bogner....

Umm, I've never played an Einstein, but the PT100 does not overlap an XTC or Herbert. The XTC does the low-midrange more "vintage" type high gain while Herbert is the all-out ultra compressed but-yet-highly-powered flamethrower type metal amp. Yet, I can see using the PT100 for nearly any of these applications, with the boost for things more extreme.

I'm starting to sound like CAA/Suhr fanboy but I love all my amps and they all do their different things. I'd love to try the Marsha.

Rayneman":3hegq1ik said:
I've had my PT100 for awhile now. On the dirty channel, bass around 1:00, mid 11:30 treble 2:00, presence 12:00 and feeback 11:00. No whomp. I like my heaviness, so boost gain 2:30. Awesome.

I am historically not a "booster" and have never, ever found one I like. I just bought a Koko boost, and damn this thing is great. I can't decide yet which I like better, the clean boost or the mid boost, but either way it doesn't squash my tone like nearly every other boost I've ever tried. Kick that sucker on for solo type things and its almost like kicking in one of those sustainer gadgets (meaning, for reference I have a Jackson PC1 with the sustainer) where even at low volume you get nearly endless sustain that easily blooms into feedback.

I can't get enough of this damn PT100. Live and loud the clean is CLEAN when you want it. With the Channel 2 and boost (I guess its Channel 3) you have a great palette of tones, and THEN the Koko just takes it up a level for perfect single note stuff. I loved the amp before I got the Koko, and it doesn't NEED it, but its a perfect addition.

Hate to say it, but I haven't turned on my XTC or Herbert for weeks now.

the Koko is addictive for leads, put that switch all the way left and have the mids and boost knob both about 9 o clock, and it's pretty magical

hi pete, i would like to know the specs, of your classic S sunburst, i can not tell if it is a 2 or 3 tone. also what type of woods, i really love the sound and looks. thanks

Great GREAT guitar- chunky and clear sounding on the bridge pup, and awesome on the singles- ssv and 2 V60LP's- alder, 2 piece body, 3 tone sunburst
even C standard neck, 10-14" radius, maple/indian rosewood
6105's

petethorn":1ajwh8tm said:
Great GREAT guitar- chunky and clear sounding on the bridge pup, and awesome on the singles- ssv and 2 V60LP's- alder, 2 piece body, 3 tone sunburst
even C standard neck, 10-14" radius, maple/indian rosewood
6105's
:rock:

Back