Public Apology for the Cameron Delays and Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

I want to apologize for the whole Cameron disaster. We got into this with good intentions and it all went sideways with the amp and the production. The redo learning curve was crazy steep and of course we lost Mark in the middle of trying to get this sorted. It is the single biggest mistake I have ever made in the guitar business getting involved with him and his amps. I am sure Rob, Dave and I all feel the same way and we just want to get the CCV back orders filled and move on.

George Metropolis from Metro who is a saint and trying to help with this even though everything Cameron touches turns to shit finanlly has the engineering complete (with Ron from RJM and Dave Friedman), new boards and transformers for the redo CCV MK II amp and is building it now. Rob spoke with him and said he should have the MKII making sound the end of next week. No excuses, the whole thing has been a disaster and a curse.

I have always tried to act fairly and give guys good service and run my small guitar shop the best fair way I know how and almost everyone who has dealt with King Guitar has had a great experience. I know there is a few guys really pissed and dont want to wait anymore. I get it and understand. They are demanding I give them refunds personally or gear out of my shop. Truth is my shop and Cameron Amps is not one and the same and I didn't pocket any deposit money.

Regardless I understand the anger and the position that they put down real money and their amps are very delayed. I leave up posts and threads blasting me and the situation because I don't want to be seen as ducking the issue. That said I understand Mark now has some shills coming on the board in an effort to stir things up and I wont let that happen.

Dave, Rob and I will keep answering questions and trying to help guys and we are still working on the amps which WILL BE BUILT.

We made mistakes no doubt and for that I apologize. We will get this sorted out and fixed. Hopefully George can post the new CCV MKII coming to life here in the next several days.

Sorry and thanks for listening
Brad

Can't believe that this is still going on but kudos to you for trying so hard to work through things to help others and get it past you. Can't believe all of the crap that this guy put others through. I went through a similar situation with an ISO cab from another gent who was running a small company. Lots of initial contact via email with the bait and switch, I paid and then nothing for months and months. I literally had to send a friend who is in the business of "retrieving things" to finally get my cab which miraculously showed up at my door the next week. Crazy story but true.

You weren't the first this has happened to and I'm sure you won't be the last. Kudos to you for keeping it running through and going. I bet you can't wait to get this monkey off of your back. Such a shame that he took many people with his nonsense. The guy could have really been on top of the world now if he had have done things the right way.

Good on you for seeing this through!

:rock:

The whole Cameron situation is like that movie groundhog's day. Same thing over and over.
Even time I see a post about it I have to check the post dates because it's seriously been the same story now for 5 years

I've put thousands down on guitars and amps I have never gotten - nor gotten my $ back. Builders just simply disappear, or ignore. Feel for all involved. I'm sure once shipping, a lot of this will just go away. Obviously no one saw the difficulty or road blocks. Seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It will be nice to read the post, and hear the clips, of people digging their amps and not the drama :rock:

But what are we all going to talk about if the Cameron drama goes away? jk. Glad to hear it looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel. I hear nothing but great things about the CCV.

Nothing but respect for you Brad, you have done right by me many times, and I am a solid King Guitar customer when I need something. Hope this whole unfortunate situation blows overs and everyone is taken care of, including yourself. Hang in there!

Your intentions were always philanthropic, but you got mired in Mark's manure, which was unfortunate, the legacy being we are all more guarded about placing deposits for gear on a promise.
There were big gaps in the public communication, which has not helped the reputations of all involved.
Your own store has come out of it untarished and I enjoy looking into the inventory now and again.

What is the longer term plan? More amps built for shop sales (that I'd like to see),
or, once this batch is done, move on and put it down to (bad) experience?

I'm completely dumfounded on how this has continued to go on and on. The Cameron amp tone is one of the best I ever heard in person and unfortunately it is like having the Tiki necklace from that Brady Bunch episode that keeps causing disasters.

It just confuses me to no end. It is like finding oil coming from your backyard but not wanting anyone to come on your lawn to tap into it. Maybe I'm just simple minded but seems like an easy equation. Guy has schematic for great amp tone, gets builders to make the amps, sell amps and make tons of money.

I look at what Dave Friedman or Scott Splawn have been able to do with their businesses. It is not easy but finding a Cameron amp is like a bigfoot sighting. I guess I'll just die confused and with no answers on how this keeps happening. Brad, kudos to you for at least giving this a whirl. Just taking on something like this, with the history, is a monumental feat in itself.

Brad, beside all the drama in the other thread, where I honestly believe that everything rob and you've posted is true, is the whole handling of the situation in regard of the 2.run only your/Cameron LLC's fault.
concerning my situation, you know that I cancelled my order after one year waiting time in november 2012. you PROMISED shipping my amp january 2013 and I trust you.
I cancelled definately in January 2013 and you offered a 1. run CCV which I agreed and paid immediately. After 4 weeks I've been told that you are not able to provide the 230V tranny. But you still refusing to refund my deposit.
What the hell gives you the right to refuse the refund after all that drama !
i haven't done anything wrong !
At least rob agreed to deliver a pink taco instead a CCV, but my first choice is to get back my deposit.To be honest, I don't need another amp.

I'm a world away from bitchin' around, but that is fact and that is not in the least a serious business manner !

markus

maxl03":2irss157 said:
Brad, beside all the drama in the other thread, where I honestly believe that everything rob and you've posted is true, is the whole handling of the situation in regard of the 2.run only your/Cameron LLC's fault.
concerning my situation, you know that I cancelled my order after one year waiting time in november 2012. you PROMISED shipping my amp january 2013 and I trust you.
I cancelled definately in January 2013 and you offered a 1. run CCV which I agreed and paid immediately. After 4 weeks I've been told that you are not able to provide the 230V tranny. But you still refusing to refund my deposit.
What the hell gives you the right to refuse the refund after all that drama !
i haven't done anything wrong !
At least rob agreed to deliver a pink taco instead a CCV, but my first choice is to get back my deposit.To be honest, I don't need another amp.

I'm a world away from bitchin' around, but that is fact and that is not in the least a serious business manner !

markus

Well said Markus!!! Optional refunds for the 2nd run buyers would of prevented a shitstorm of complaints and finger pointing and it would of been the right thing to do.

PBGas":2simsbsh said:
I went through a similar situation with an ISO cab from another gent who was running a small company. Lots of initial contact via email with the bait and switch, I paid and then nothing for months and months. I literally had to send a friend who is in the business of "retrieving things" to finally get my cab which miraculously showed up at my door the next week. Crazy story but true.

:rock:

"Grendelsound" ISO cabs, eh? :LOL: :LOL: that guy was a real piece of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back