Question to Suhr or Suhr tech kinda guys

vinirosa

Hi everybody,

I'm about to order a new Suhr guitar and would like to know what's the difference about the V60 and V60LP pickups. I know the V60LP is based on the handwound pattern (or something like that) of the 60's but that makes the sound brighter? Less brighter? I just got a Suhr wth ML pickups, they sound great but I would like to have a different sound on the new guitar.

Also, the body wood - I really liked the alder body on my Suhr but I noticed they offer a 1 piece alder body. Is this a really really cool thing? I love mine and I can't imagine a guitar with more resonant sound than my Suhr TS alder made.

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers,

Vinirosa.

The LP is a lower resonant peak, sweeter and nicer with pedals and gain
V60 (non LP) is going to be funkier with a little more brilliance.
1 Piece is "cool" but IMO really makes no difference tonally. They are also generally heavier. We could do a 3 piece which would still be a nice weight and keep the Neck and Bridge in the same piece of wood if you want to get superstitious about t. Also our 2 piece bodies are butt matched and do come from the same board.
vinirosa":18khzpnx said:
Hi everybody,

I'm about to order a new Suhr guitar and would like to know what's the difference about the V60 and V60LP pickups. I know the V60LP is based on the handwound pattern (or something like that) of the 60's but that makes the sound brighter? Less brighter? I just got a Suhr wth ML pickups, they sound great but I would like to have a different sound on the new guitar.

Also, the body wood - I really liked the alder body on my Suhr but I noticed they offer a 1 piece alder body. Is this a really really cool thing? I love mine and I can't imagine a guitar with more resonant sound than my Suhr TS alder made.

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers,

Vinirosa.

Back