Quikrod vs. Bogner Shiva help

I've been playing the quick rod as my main amp for almost a year now.i finally got the hang of the EQ. Bass low at indoor shows. I recently picked up a Shiva 20th anniversary. This amp rips too but a different flavor. The Splawn can get a little brittle sometimes where the Shiva is bright but always pleasant. They both have similar features and cut in a mix well. I have a chance to trade either amp for a PRS CE24. I can't decide what to do. Anyone have both amps? Little insight? One thing the Splawn excels at taking pedals. The Shiva clips out with fuzz unless u put an sd1 before the fuzz.

I can't help you as I've never played a Shiva but are they more 'greasy' under the fingers? Easier to play? From what little I know, they seem like fairly different amps with pros/cons of both. If you don't get a lot of answers here, I'd just ask in the main forum. It will be less biased too :D

I haven't played a Shiva either so I can't help regarding the sound/playability, etc... but it would be hard for me to make a general recommendation on the "dollars and cents" of that trade without seeing the CE24. You're talking the bolt on model right (and not an SE version of the CE24), and not the CU24 (set neck)? Having said that, I'd have a hard time trading a Bogner Shiva 20th for a CE24. Unless that CE is something special, I don't think you'd come out on that deal. If it's an SE/CE model, than tell them to pound sand. LOL

The Splawn might be a little tougher call regarding the "value" of the trade, as the resale on those is generally pretty dismal. But, IMHO.. I can't see any PRS CE24 (not the SE) going for more than $1500-$1700.

Back