R.I.P. Steve_k

Probably dig 6 or 7 amps deals, great dude and always as honest and straight up as you can be, RIP brother

WOW, WHAT A HUGE TRAGIC BUMMER!!! He was a good guy, did MANY deals with him, talked much with him over the years. I didn't know he was sick. So sad. RIP Steve. You will be missed, so will killer your high end gear for sale and trade!

He was a straight up cat! I am truly sorry to hear that! I feel for his friends and family!
He had the coolest gear around IMHO! The Gear Gods upstairs called him home, Acme Tone Suckers will be missed!

I will think of you every time i play your Mesa Boogie MK ii C++
RIP my Brother

Last weekend I was in the hospital after having open heart surgery to remove my pericardium at Vanderbilt University from "Constrictive Pericarditis".. Steve messaged my wife to see "how I was doing" after the surgery.. Steve messaged me Monday while I was in recovery to see "how I was doing".. Then he told me he had two months to live.. "That's who Steve really was"..... more then just the lengendary tone connoisseur he was..

Greg Riley":364imbss said:
Last weekend I was in the hospital after having open heart surgery to remove my pericardium at Vanderbilt University from "Constrictive Pericarditis".. Steve messaged my wife to see "how I was doing" after the surgery.. Steve messaged me Monday while I was in recovery to see "how I was doing".. Then he told me he had two months to live.. "That's who Steve really was"..... more then just the lengendary tone connoisseur he was..
A testament to the person he was! Good Luck with your recovery man!

Totally bummed out to hear this. This thread is a testament to his good character!

Don't think he's gonna rest in peace... especially with Lemmy and Dime around now ;) :rock:

Gonna have a whisky for ya Steve!

I had just heard he wasn’t doing well after treatment from another member here..I sent him a note of encouragement...he was always helpful to me when I had questions about Mesa Marks and Rectos, and others...his gear collection was legendary and always had the best stuff.
Prayers and condolences to his family, hopefully God has Steve’s studio all set up and ready to go.
He was a RT legend.
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Thank you brother! ..
riffsfordaze":149i8vyc said:
Greg Riley":149i8vyc said:
A testament to the person he was! Good Luck with your recovery man!

I hate to hear this. My condolences to his family. He was relatively young, right? Was he even in his 60’s?

Jeezus. I'm kind of in shock here since we just did a message thing before I left on vacation May 15th...and bounced back and forth on FB up till a few days ago about him moving back to the US.

RIP Steve King...

Terrible news, he will be missed. He and I did several deals and he was always generous with advice. I'm glad his suffering is over. = (

Terrible news. I had no idea he was sick. RIP to a fellow gear maniac and straight shooter of a guy.

He fought like a real trooper. He was doing so well with treatments since 2017. He told me a few days ago he was on short time after it was tearing his liver up. I emailed him a couple more times and when I didn't t hear back, my heart sunk. He was a great guy. I hope he is in a peaceful place now. Cancer sucks.

Back