Rack Preamp?

nnajar

I have heard that you were making a rack preamp soon. and it was suggested to me that it would be a good fit for me. So i figured I'd go straight to the horse's mouth and find out the scoop. wondering what your time frame is and what the concept is behind it- if it's available in a reasonable time frame, I'll hold off buying something until i get a chance to audition it. anyway, just wondering what the deal was. thanks!

N

Hey Nate

Alan and I are great friends and Ive been bugging him to to do a preamp for over a year now and he finally agreed. So this will be a Tone Merchants/Carol Ann thing. Alan has been working on it since January and I should be getting the proto soon. It will be at least 3 channels and fully midi. Im getting the first Tucana 2 in on the 12th. The preamp of the T2 is going to be very close to the preamp. So im excited to hear it. :rock:

Tone Merchant":aha6mehz said:
Hey Nate

Alan and I are great friends and Ive been bugging him to to do a preamp for over a year now and he finally agreed. So this will be a Tone Merchants/Carol Ann thing. Alan has been working on it since January and I should be getting the proto soon. It will be at least 3 channels and fully midi. Im getting the first Tucana 2 in on the 12th. The preamp of the T2 is going to be very close to the preamp. So im excited to hear it. :rock:

yeah Rob, you were the one to mention it to me in the first place. I'll be back in socal in early july- I hope you have the proto by then so i can try it out. thanks!

N

Very interested in seeing/hearing this!
Had the pleasure to play a CA in Make'n'Music in Chicago on a trip there last november... Wow!
Not many (if any ) of them here in Ireland. . .
Just putting together a rack at the minute (Groove tubes trio/Mesa 2:90) and will be shopping for another pre in a few months...

Intrigued!

Aidan :LOL: :LOL:

I was going to ask Carol Ann and a few Triptik owners to see how the Preamp Out( EFX loop send ) sounds into EFX and Cab IRs- if it sounds great-

Then the Preamp Section of the Triptik as a Rack Preamp would be a versatile Recording OR Live Preamp- with less Engineering on Carol Ann's part than a completely new circuit etc.

Carol Ann could also run the Triptik Preamp Out into another Head( bypassing it's preamp of course ) or Power Amp just to see how that circuit would function as a 3 Channel Live Rack Preamp.

The Triptik Rack Pre might be an extremely versatile Preamp judging by the Clips of the Triptik Amp- might not be much else necessary other than outputs and a Variable Presence control ( really subtle from 15k or so downward ) on the recording out so we can SLIGHTLY filter a little top end BEFORE Cab IRs in the Studio, or for a live PA Feed a slight rolloff before using a Palmer etc.

No onboard Cab Sim- just a variable (or OFF ) presence rolloff at very high frequency to cut Fizz for certain Cab IRs and Hardware Sims that need a little help.

What do you guys think of this ?

Am I correct that if the Triptik front end could be used- that it would lower costs and R@D time and shorten release date of the Preamp ?

Thanks.

Back