RACKSYSTEMS/JEFF OF THE SMASHING PUMPKINS RIG

RACKSYSTEMS

Here's a rig just finished for Jeff Schroeder of the Smashing Pumpkins. The path is guitar into the rack wah with a cable,then it hits the gcx with the 6 pedals pictured, the 7th loop is the Axe Fx front end {for pedal simulations} then it goes to the Rm4 preamp. The modules are the tweed, jtm, plexi [with my mod] and the mr scary [ spec corrected to be right ]. After the preamp the signal hits the 8th loop and in that is the Axe Fx back end effects from there to the power amp. The rig is a mono rig and he switches power sections with the poweramp for a vol. boost. The cool thing is if you have both loops on for the Axe Fx and take out the internal effects loop block it will take out the Rm4 and then you can use the Axe Fx for the preamp in the rack. Enjoy Dave Friedman / Rack Systems Ltd

IM000671.jpg

IM000673.jpg

IM000676.jpg

IM000678.jpg

Dave - what cable and connectors do you prefer in your racks? Do you test them individually prior to install? I usually end up with a bad one somewhere and spend half a day looking for it.

Steve

I do but it just has contact info mostly right now. More to come on the site soon just need the time. Dave Racksystemsltd.com

Very clean nice looking rig. I see a buff puff in there. I love my Naked OD. You and Tonefreak did an excellent job with it, even though mine has no serial #. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for sharing, looks amazing

I can't really see which modules they are using? Any chance of finding out at least some of thier main modules loaded in?

Dave, I have a similar rig to this though I have the Eggie M4, Axe-FX and GRX4 for switching. Have you noticed any noise by running simulated pedals from the Axe-FX into a preamp? Many of us from the Fractal forum were having issues and eventually pinned it down (with Cliff's help) to the Axe outputting a line level signal into a preamp. Do you use any sort of line level shifter or anything? I loved the flexibility of the pedal sims in to my M4 but the extra noise made me give up on it.

Well in this rig I used a noise suppressor on very lightly to get rid of the hiss and also some isolation transformers were also used and it worked well. Dave

Back