Randall Satan 50 is announced!

indespise":2zau2mz2 said:
Bad.Seed":2zau2mz2 said:
indespise":2zau2mz2 said:
Gitfiddler":2zau2mz2 said:
Satan doesn’t seem to be as big of a deal in the media as he used to be. I remember Geraldo and others dedicating entire shows to Satan. Maybe age has caught up with him and he has limited his activities to influencing amp companies.

They have moved on to looking for Nazis everywhere, it's quite a similar phenomenon to the Satanic Panic.

Except Nazis are real in 2019, and Satan is not.

Also, someone really created a username just to post a comment like that on a year old thread? I wish I had that kind of time to burn.

Satan doesn't have to be real for satanists to be real. The point was that it's an overhyped bogeyman hunt. And I joined this forum 12 years before you did, for the record.

And your time on the forum means what in context?

Lighten up, buttercup. Take it seriously if you feel you must, but it was more of a joking statement.

psychodave":3g6doiqs said:
Bad.Seed":3g6doiqs said:
indespise":3g6doiqs said:
Gitfiddler":3g6doiqs said:
Satan doesn’t seem to be as big of a deal in the media as he used to be. I remember Geraldo and others dedicating entire shows to Satan. Maybe age has caught up with him and he has limited his activities to influencing amp companies.

They have moved on to looking for Nazis everywhere, it's quite a similar phenomenon to the Satanic Panic.

Also, someone really created a username just to post a comment like that on a year old thread? I wish I had that kind of time to burn.

They are real in 2019? I guess the press is hiding all of the concentration camps, executions of Jews, Catholics, political opposers and anyone else that is a threat. Where are the 2019 Nazi medical experiments occurring?

Seriously, comparing anyone to the Nazi’s of the 1930’s and 1940’s is a disgusting slap in the face to all of the soldiers that fought for freedom and the millions of innocent people that died at the hands of them.

I'm not going to get political in here, especially with you, whose posts I remember reading in the off topic section. Yikes.

People are wound tight in here today!

Disclaimer: I'm a Christian and cannot buy this amp. It's a shame that Randall pretty much excluded us all from buying this amp simply because of their poor choice of naming, but I guess that's what Ola wanted. If it was named differently, I might own one today. Having said that, I played the 120w version a lot many years ago and it's a very good amp. I ended up liking the Thrasher a bit more overall, but that's personal preference and not because of any particular quality of the amp. They're both great amplifiers. It's surprising they didn't come out with a 50w when they released the Thrasher 50.

Bad.Seed":1y5evl2a said:
indespise":1y5evl2a said:
Bad.Seed":1y5evl2a said:
indespise":1y5evl2a said:
Gitfiddler":1y5evl2a said:

Satan doesn't have to be real for satanists to be real. The point was that it's an overhyped bogeyman hunt. And I joined this forum 12 years before you did, for the record.

And your time on the forum means what in context?

Lighten up, buttercup. Take it seriously if you feel you must, but it was more of a joking statement.

You were the one who brought it up when I compared the modern paranoia to the satantic panic. Have fun imagining everyone you disagree with is an evil Nazi, you surely won't be miserable at all.

MistaGuitah":3hmsfyqv said:
Disclaimer: I'm a Christian and cannot buy this amp. It's a shame that Randall pretty much excluded us all from buying this amp simply because of their poor choice of naming, but I guess that's what Ola wanted. If it was named differently, I might own one today. Having said that, I played the 120w version a lot many years ago and it's a very good amp. I ended up liking the Thrasher a bit more overall, but that's personal preference and not because of any particular quality of the amp. They're both great amplifiers. It's surprising they didn't come out with a 50w when they released the Thrasher 50.

Not buying the amp because of the name (it IS only a name) is your choice.

Figured an on-topic post might be worthwhile but I've only played mine a handful of times since purchasing it from the clearance. It's got a solid punch but is just boring compared to my other amps. Okay but nothing special, not bad just meh? I can see why so many people flip them quickly after receiving them.

ZEEGLER":u92xt6um said:
MistaGuitah":u92xt6um said:

I don't think this guy is complaining, more matter of fact. Looking at the Randall business decision, you're competing for dollars in a saturated market and have now narrowed your prospective buyers.

crankyrayhanky":1e7zh1mj said:
ZEEGLER":1e7zh1mj said:
MistaGuitah":1e7zh1mj said:

I don't think this guy is complaining, more matter of fact. Looking at the Randall business decision, you're competing for dollars in a saturated market and have now narrowed your prospective buyers.

That's what I thought too. It's like not buying one of the XXX amps because of the sleazy looking silhouette of a girl on the front. Might not matter for some folks, but someone with a family might just rule it out as a result.

And it's fine. No point in keelhauling him for stating what he thought about it.

Relax guys, no one's getting bashed here. I was merely pointing out that it's all about choices. One's beliefs are a choice, and if that affects what products are "available" to you, that's a choice too. Also keep in mind that this is Ola's Sig model. He plays death metal. With that in mind, I don't think Christians are Randall's target market, so they're probably not worried about the handful of sales they're losing because of the name. Personally, I couldn't give a f**k what the name is. I buy my gear based on how it sounds.

ZEEGLER":1djkp6gq said:
Relax guys, no one's getting bashed here. I was merely pointing out that it's all about choices. One's beliefs are a choice, and if that affects what products are "available" to you, that's a choice too. Also keep in mind that this is Ola's Sig model. He plays death metal. With that in mind, I don't think Christians are Randall's target market, so they're probably not worried about the handful of sales they're losing because of the name. Personally, I couldn't give a f**k what the name is. I buy my gear based on how it sounds.

...and he's Swedish. Religion is more or less gone in Scandinavia. It could be called "Fruitcake", and nobody, except for some very senior citizens, or the small "cults" of specialiazed Christians would think it was a positive name change. It's just not an issue. If anything, I'd probably put some gaffa tape over the nameplate because it felt a little adolescent to be closing in on 50, and playing an amp called "Satan". But then again, I'd tape over "Fruitcake" and "God" too :)

crankyrayhanky":27zvf5fe said:
ZEEGLER":27zvf5fe said:
MistaGuitah":27zvf5fe said:

You nailed it exactly. Thanks for interpreting correctly.

Or tape off the S too and y'all can be tan-worshippers!

5406124-6316365-Ultraviolet_light_is_produced_by_the_sun_as_well_as_visible_ligh-a-13_1540478202669.jpg

:thumbsup:

MistaGuitah":34180pab said:

you're not missing out on anything special. the S50 is a pile of toneless crap.

Back