Randy Rhoads Soundboard Recording 1982

Yea so def must be a Board mix,
Loudest thing in the room will be the lowest thing in the Board mix ..... ozzy sharp .... pre in ear monitor days , Singers will be sharp and push when they cant hear themselves.... pre pitch correction to.

Im on my phone so cant tell right now but If the mix is stereo you could pull down the middle a bit and bring up the sides to balance it a bit better to with some mid side processing.

Cool to hear this, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Rhandy had classical music education, you can feel that immediately. Mr. crowley solo is one of the best solo ever.
It was interesting for me to learn that George Lynch taught guitar alongside Randy at Musonia School of Music (Randy's mother's school).

Bizarre little historical tidbit.

It was interesting for me to learn that George Lynch taught guitar alongside Randy at Musonia School of Music (Randy's mother's school).

Bizarre little historical tidbit.
Rudy Sarzo also taught for Musonia.

A bit unrelated but I wish Schenker would have taken that gig after Randy. Him and Ozzy would probably have died of alcohol poisoning but I would have loved to have heard his take on those solos.

I still remember how I would just sit and listen for hours to those early Ozzy songs at my cousin's place (he had some older guys in his neighborhood that influenced him to listen to this music and I was able to benefit from him buying the records with me hanging out at his place to listen to them).

Randy will always be one of my favorite guitar players.

Randy is the reason I actually started learning guitar. Didn't do shit until I got the tribute tab book. I finally broke down an ordered a Jackson Rhoads last week. Seems weird that it's taken me this long to get one considering how big of an influence he was on me.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear or see any Rhoads content. I really wish we had more content from him. These days you can't fucking go to a show without seeing a million phones out recording every shitty show and all I want is a couple live vids of Rhoads.

I take it you’ve never read up on Sabbath, before Sharon entered the picture.
Nope. I've read she's done a bunch of crappy stuff to musicians.

Ozzy is also an a-hole for hitting Rhoads. This is the gratitude he shows the guy who helped resurrect his music career.

Randy is the reason I actually started learning guitar. Didn't do shit until I got the tribute tab book. I finally broke down an ordered a Jackson Rhoads last week. Seems weird that it's taken me this long to get one considering how big of an influence he was on me.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear or see any Rhoads content. I really wish we had more content from him. These days you can't fucking go to a show without seeing a million phones out recording every shitty show and all I want is a couple live vids of Rhoads.
You probably already have this or seen it:
amazon.com/Randy-Rhoads-Reflections-Guitar-Icon/dp/B09Z2RFS2D

First date of the Diary tour in the states . No surprise Ozzy was pretty whacked out but when you’re 14 yrs old you tend to overlook that stuff lol . This was also Don Airey’s first show with the band

D27ACCCF-77F6-4AC5-9CEC-4270204D0C19.jpeg
1F310A6F-6FF1-442C-9198-0E5D9F6EC7EB.jpeg

Nope. I've read she's done a bunch of crappy stuff to musicians.

Ozzy is also an a-hole for hitting Rhoads. This is the gratitude he shows the guy who helped resurrect his music career.
Maybe he was getting Randy back for sleeping with Sharon. None of these guys were saints.

Back