Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

I like his content. He doesn't pretend to be some godly guitar player as far as I can tell. He's a recording dude, I thought.
I dig the videos he did with and about Peter Frampton. Frampton is one of the players that got me into guitar in the first place and I had not heard Comes Alive in many years. I watched one of Rick's videos with Frampton and bought the CD which I took on a recent road trip and have been on a big Peter Frampton re-appreciation kick lately.

Tosin Abasi blows my mind.
His music can be so damn heavy yet he sounds like like a philosopher when he talks more than a metal head.

Love hearing all the nods to Holdsworth.

The lastest video about Slipknot demonstrates how amazing Joey was as a drummer.
Beato can't mimic Joey's triplet fills with blast beats or Joey's sophisticated power grooves
with air drumming or by any means of demonstration...,.that hair on fire,manic energy, is that taproot of Slipknot.

"One more time Motherf***er"...

Here ya go bud. I can also pull up a picture of the human body and you can show us where Rick hurt you.
For some odd reason I also cannot stand Rick Beato. He is arrogant who pretends to be down to Earth. Plays without feelings just technique. I think the most overated guy in YouTube, just my personal thoughts.

Everyone is a critic.

At least he doesn’t post political bs on twitter that alienates 50% of the population.
Also haven’t seen him crying about getting old and being insecure and can’t play anymore.
I enjoy some of his content and some I don’t. The fact that we have guitar related content to watch is a blessing. Have you tried to tune in to the TV lately? Just garbage.

Everyone is a critic.

At least he doesn’t post political bs on twitter that alienates 50% of the population.
Also haven’t seen him crying about getting old and being insecure and can’t play anymore.
I enjoy some of his content and some I don’t. The fact that we have guitar related content to watch is a blessing. Have you tried to tune in to the TV lately? Just garbage.
I know. I should not complain as he does have his merits and earned it well! I stopped watching TV! Wjen I get home from work I mainly read books nowadays 40% of the time and continue my guitar journey via YouTube lessons.

First rant here for me ! :rock:

yes i realize the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard
sure he knows theory
BUT
he is a pompous arrogant dick and it comes across in almost every video.
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge
he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music
his djent lesson is a bad joke
his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!

sure he knows theory
BUT
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!
I have NO idea who you are talking about so cleary not the ENTIRE planet is on his dick

sure he knows theory
BUT
and

but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!
You have a big mouth, tough guy!! If I could find you I’d beat your ass on behalf of Rick and all my privileged, Steely Dan loving, white brethren. F off!!!

Back