Reaching out to Mark Cameron

Hate to see the regulars who did nothing wrong but put an order in get screwed over. I’ve seen a few members here blatantly brag they stay in contact with Mark on a regular basis about custom mods all while there’s legit people on the customer side still waiting for their Marshall’s or CCVs. Blows my mind to think threads of actual honest members and their gear adventures get buried on this forum by anything Cameron related time and time again and it’s literally killed this place. I ask myself why I even bother to post here anymore. I don’t support the guy, and I have no interest in supporting the scam prices of wizards either - but that’s a different topic all together.

OP your best bet is legal action. Anything else won’t be worth the time of day. You’re likely going to find out the amp is long gone and used as a candidate to be sold off for a modded profit.

Nothing with his name on it will never sit in my house or rig. There’s nothing I hate more than a dishonest person. And what is truely sad, before all of this unfolded, the entire reason I joined this place was to grab an ocean modded Marshall in the classifieds. Now I want nothing to do with one.

Hate to see the regulars who did nothing wrong but put an order in get screwed over. I’ve seen a few members here blatantly brag they stay in contact with Mark on a regular basis about custom mods all while there’s legit people on the customer side still waiting for their Marshall’s or CCVs. Blows my mind to think threads of actual honest members and their gear adventures get buried on this forum by anything Cameron related time and time again and it’s literally killed this place. I ask myself why I even bother to post here anymore. I don’t support the guy, and I have no interest in supporting the scam prices of wizards either - but that’s a different topic all together.

OP your best bet is legal action. Anything else won’t be worth the time of day. You’re likely going to find out the amp is long gone and used as a candidate to be sold off for a modded profit.

Nothing with his name on it will never sit in my house or rig. There’s nothing I hate more than a dishonest person. And what is truely sad, before all of this unfolded, the entire reason I joined this place was to grab an ocean modded Marshall in the classifieds. Now I want nothing to do with one.

what is the scam with Wizards?

what is the scam with Wizards?
56a032a2ff5bcce08778f3e42cb51afb.jpg

I wouldn't say "scam" from St. Pierre but i'll be dammed if im putting down 1/2 of $5K non-refundable deposit in advance for a Fucking Canadian guitar amp.

The guys that are owed could probably gather up some muscle to shake this guy down. Hell, there are probably people on here, like me, that are completely on the outside that would help :yes: They might even be able to get a 'kickstarter' for a PI or a plane ticket. Someone before was able to track him down after work or whatever and get their amp back so there is hope. If it is true that he is living out of a storage facility then maybe that location/unit could be revealed :dunno:

Also, maybe it is just me, but if I were to send a cherished Marshall out the door I sure as hell would have detailed pics and notes of the serial#s, trannys, board, scratches, nuances :dunno:

Last edited:
Good luck to you with getting your amp back. I went through the same situation years ago. I sent Mark an amp in 2007 and luckily received it back in 2009. The only reason why I got my amp back is because another forum member here was at his house and was kind enough to get it for me and ship it back to me. Best of luck to you.

The guys that are owed could probably gather up some muscle to shake this guy down. Hell, there are probably people on here, like me, that are completely on the outside that would help :yes: They might even be able to get a 'kickstarter' for a PI or a plane ticket. Someone before was able to track him down after work or whatever and get there amp back so there is hope. If it is true that he is living out of a storage facility then maybe that location/unit could be revealed :dunno:

Also, maybe it is just me, but if I were to send a cherished Marshall out the door I sure as hell would have detailed pics and notes of the serial#s, trannys, board, scratches, nuances :dunno:
Can’t believe this did not happen yet! Can’t believe that a guy stole so much money from guys and had zero repercussions.

If people would stop purchasing from him maybe he would do something to make things right but as long as there are no consequences which apparently there isnt he will continue to do this. Fast forward to a couple months down the road there will be a 20 watt cameron for 4k posted on reverb and somebody will buy it. Honestly if I was going to spend that much I would just kick in a little more and buy a Larry. Say what you want but he at least delivers eventually and you dont have to worry about goop and spray paint.

Not sure where the scam comes from either. You send money to Rick, you get your amp within 30-60 days. Plain and simple. No bullshit excuses.
6 months to a year waiting list after the non-refundable deposit i was told.
A risk not willing to take.
I don't just "give" my money away unless its a charity.

6 months to a year waiting list after the non-refundable deposit i was told.
A risk not willing to take.
I don't just "give" my money away unless its a charity.

When did he tell you that? I don't think he has that kind of volume that it would ever take him that long. I just got an amp from him built and shipped in 30 days, received in December. Currently have a build that is done, but is waiting on headshells from BAD. I ordered that in December. I know 4 other people receiving amps recently after a no more than 2 month wait.

The scam is in the price versus what you get. You either see it, or you make excuses for it, there’s no in between. You could build his amplifier for fractions less and with better components. The transformers are likely custom enough to provide more heater current than a standard Marshall and that’s probably it.

The same thing for Cameron applies to Rick at wizard - if you’re spending 5k on an amplifier just spend the bit more and get a truely well engineered amp from Larry. At least you know you’re paying for a better engineered lower noise floor design that brings the heat.

The scam is in the price versus what you get. You either see it, or you make excuses for it, there’s no in between. You could build his amplifier for fractions less and with better components. The transformers are likely custom enough to provide more heater current than a standard Marshall and that’s probably it.

The same thing for Cameron applies to Rick at wizard - if you’re spending 5k on an amplifier just spend the bit more and get a truely well engineered amp from Larry. At least you know you’re paying for a better engineered lower noise floor design that brings the heat.

Will you actually ever get an amp from Larry this decade?

I've only played an older Dino. It was a really cool amp. I'd buy a new one if I didn't feel like I was throwing my $ into a black hole. I'm not waiting years for an amp to be built.

I don't really build amps nor care to learn. Yeah, you pay more because Rick builds them, not some assembly line.

Back