Ready for AI vocals?

The only purpose I see for this kind of thing is muzak/generic soundtrack creation or potentially generating things like background vocals. Then again, a lot of popular music today is already about as devoid of creativity, meaning and feeling as if it was AI generated.

Well you guys beat me to it but it sounds like it's time to get into the trades . I'm degreed but chose this career path 40 years ago with no regrets. I have done really well and never worried about layoffs or my future. So far a robot can't wire your house , unclog a drain, or repair your car .

It may happen in the future but by then I'll be dead !!!

Reactions: rsm
Well you guys beat me to it but it sounds like it's time to get into the trades . I'm degreed but chose this career path 40 years ago with no regrets. I have done really well and never worried about layoffs or my future. So far a robot can't wire your house , unclog a drain, or repair your car .

It may happen in the future but by then I'll be dead !!!
Agree but with most new cars you’ll bring it in, they’ll insert a diagnostic, which a robot could do and then say it’s the computer or a sensor which robots can replace or reprogram….lol
…but at least now the A.I. based self check in/check out at the dealership can send you off with a nice authentic new Meat Loaf tune!

IMG_1728.jpg

It's already here in kpop. The people that are distributing music will own the AI artist. It's the next step in elimination of Taylor Swift from the financial situation.

It's already here in kpop. The people that are distributing music will own the AI artist. It's the next step in elimination of Taylor Swift from the financial situation.
exactly. If AI composes the song and the lyrics; creates the arrangements; plays the instrument tracks; mixes and masters the song...who owns all the rights to the song? Whoever owns or licenses the AI.

Many aspects are rudimentary now, but it's only a matter of time before AI systems will surpass human writers, composers, arrangers, creators, musicians, engineers, etc.

Going back a few years, anime performers, completely created in animation and vocal software (Yamaha's Vocaloid) performed "live" concerts with human musicians, eventually, everything will be computer/AI generated.

This is over 10 years ago, before generative AI:

watch and see; enjoy the decline.
My man I am already on the incline, won't you join me? None of this stupid stuff will matter in just a few more years. There is nothing to fear. The bible says "fear not" 365 times, to remind you of it every day. Now there's a nice thought!

• Haha
My man I am already on the incline, won't you join me? None of this stupid stuff will matter in just a few more years. There is nothing to fear. The bible says "fear not" 365 times, to remind you of it every day. Now there's a nice thought!
Fear? I'm making bank from AI, for decades; it's getting better all the time.

Fear? I'm making bank from AI, for decades; it's getting better all the time.
Yeah but you understand it because you worked with it. I understand the end of it because I have read and studied on the end of this age. Others might not have our blessings so I wanted to try and reassure people it's nothing to worry about. In fact, nothing is worth worrying about. Pick on brothers!!! More good thoughts, look at that!!!

Yeah but you understand it because you worked with it. I understand the end of it because I have read and studied on the end of this age. Others might not have our blessings so I wanted to try and reassure people it's nothing to worry about. In fact, nothing is worth worrying about. Pick on brothers!!! More good thoughts, look at that!!!
I want to be as optimistic. The bible also says woe to the mothers at the end times.
With teenage sons who look like badass old school young men, I'm extremely worried about their futures.
They are public enemy number 1 in the eyes of a Marxist, all of whom seem hell bent on starting WW3.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the AI fixing my bad vocals... at least I'll still play my own guitars and write my own material.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the AI fixing my bad vocals... at least I'll still play my own guitars and write my own material.
I worked to hard and long on vocals, never mind guitar, to let some machine fool with them. Just to be able to endure the sound of my own voice was about a ten year time span of trying. I'm trying to do all my guitar parts for a record I'm working on in one take, no overdubs. Sounds more raw and real to me that way. Maybe it's vanity but I'm really hoping to excel this time just so I can say "I did this".

I think it's interesting. It sorta forces you to separate your love for 'the music' versus hero-worship.

We may be 10 years away from AI fixes your plumbing, but we're 10 minutes away from AI-George_Lynch is better than real George Lynch.

Buckle up buttercup.

I worked to hard and long on vocals, never mind guitar, to let some machine fool with them. Just to be able to endure the sound of my own voice was about a ten year time span of trying. I'm trying to do all my guitar parts for a record I'm working on in one take, no overdubs. Sounds more raw and real to me that way. Maybe it's vanity but I'm really hoping to excel this time just so I can say "I did this".
Post some vocals, otherwise you are just being a tease !

🤟🏻🤙🏼

Back