Reb 30 Volume drop off

duffman

Last night, in the middle of a recording session, the volume gradually became less and less until there was only this little tiny barely audible sound coming out of it. Fortunately I was able to finish the session with another amp.

I haven't had time to check this out yet. I'm hoping its just pre-tubes. I'm gonna be pissed if it's a bad power tube. I just replaced and rebiased a month ago. I kept getting an intermittent sound like paper tearing. I found the 84's would flare for lack of a better term. Might as well replace them all if I'm in there.

Fingers crossed.

Duff

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the interest.

I was noodling a lead in Silent mode while the guys where mixing. Low volume happened on both channels. It just kinda faded out to nothing, almost linear.
Had time to check out somethings. Unplugged everything, DI out and from loop. Guitar> cable> amp, no problems. So this is not a tube issue.
This is one of the first run, first off the boat Reb 30 combos.

Ideas?

Duff

P.S. Looks like I will be finishing our sessions with my TM4100. ;)

man, between my friend's Rebel 30 that practically exploded in rehearsal, and this,I REALLY love the features of the '30, but I'm getting gun shy about getting one. ( next month or so)
:confused:

and this is the first tube amp that has made me look in a direction other than Mesa in a LONG time.

Ian/Bruce, are you planning a revision of this amp soon? Should I wait?

Milerky2":2j33rzlo said:
man, between my friend's Rebel 30 that practically exploded in rehearsal, and this,I REALLY love the features of the '30, but I'm getting gun shy about getting one. ( next month or so)
:confused:

and this is the first tube amp that has made me look in a direction other than Mesa in a LONG time.

Ian/Bruce, are you planning a revision of this amp soon? Should I wait?

There is no revision planned soon. I'm not sure what could have caused that one to explode either?

Duffman, shoot me an e-mail to ian@egnater.com and remind me that this is you, and I'll make sure you get taken care of.

Ian....thank you.

Milerky2 dont let my recent experience keep you from getting one. Have had this for almost 2 years. The clean will make you cry. It took me a long while to find my voice on channel 2, but I'm finally there.

I will say if I had to do it all over again, I would get the head and a cab. I think it was Steedee that posted how to change out the speaker in the combo. What a pain. And after lookin at the head it looks to me like it would be easier to get to the tubes. BUT the combo is a great grab and go amp that takes any pedal in the loop like a champ.

Duff

Ian,

Hans contacted me. Before I got too involved with him I wanted to do some testing myself. At this point I am unable to recreate the problem. I intend to be using this amp heavily over the weekend. I'll see what happens.

As always, great customer service from Egnater!

Duff

Ian,

I want to be clear, I LOVE this amp, but I don't get to make purchases like this often, and since the Rebel 30 has been out for 2 years' it is right about that time that companies make the next best thing, then I am holding last year's model. :p

Such is the life though:)

thanks guys!

Back