Rebel 30 MKII oscillating click noise HELP

Bakonshakin

Hey, everyone! I recently picked up one of the new Rebel 30 MKII heads and it just spews raw tone...
But it makes this clicking noise that's driving me crazy.

It starts to click randomly after the first few minutes of being turned on out of standby. Then it progressivly gets worse until it goes into a continuous CLICK CLICK CLICK_______CLICK CLICK CLICK________CLICK CLICK CLICK (underscore represents a 1 second silence).

It doesn't get louder when volume is turned up and stops when in standby mode. I've moved it to my practice space miles away and it still occured. Non of my other amps, a tweaker 15 included, have this problem with my same exact set up.

I was hoping it was a tube problem so, I replaced all the stock tubes with JJ tubes and it made no difference with the clicking. The Tone clarity is great though! :rock:

I'm putting up a short sound clip of the noise . If anyone has any ideas or comments I'd love to hear them. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Amp Noise.mp3
    130.8 KB · Views: 365
Is your phone sitting on your amp? Aside from thisbibdobt know what it can be. Sounds like some kind of 60hz noise.

Sounds like a delay or flanger or chorus...some kind of modulation or other effect is in the signal path, possibly generating the noise. There's a 6/8 pattern...odd.

I'd look at the digital delay. They can do things like this sometimes. Make sure you have it off. Might even try disconnecting it if you can.

Good guess guys, but not it. That audio clip was recorded without my pedal board connected. The amp makes the same "click" noise with or without my board.
I guess I'll have to take it to an amp tech and shell out the dough. I assume it's nothing serious seeming as how nothing has gotten worse. But I'll have to find out for sure. Hard to give up a sexy sounding amp, such as the rebel, for an allotted time.

Back