Rebel vs. JTM45 seminar head - different enough to own both?

bduersch

Simple question, maybe... :)

I've still got my original seminar head (which has served me incredibly well in the studio during the past month) and have been looking for another relatively simple amp to use in the studio that would contrast nicely with the JTM45. So obviously, the Rebel was one of the first amps to cross my mind, but I was wondering how different it really is tonally... I've heard a lot of folks say the Rebel has the "hot rodded Marshall" thing going on, and the seminar head has plenty of "hot rodded Marshall" already. So whaddya think... different enough to own both?

--B

PS--While I hesitate to say this, another amp is my consideration set is the Orange Tiny Terror... I can pick up a NIB one for $360... clearly not as versatile as the Rebel, but at least I know it'll contrast with the JTM45.

I might be jumping the gun here, since I don't own a Rebel, but I think I like the Rebel cleans a lot more than on the seminar head.

Ok, nobody wants to weigh in? Then I'll just buy Tommy's Rebel and decide for myself... do a little head-to-head (so to speak) comparison, maybe record some demo clips. :)

--B

Gain wise they are pretty close and have a similar tone but feel way different. but the Rebel is a cool amp in all and there is no way I'm gonna give it up!I also think the the Rebel just kills the Tiny Terror cause every time I take the Rebel over to my buddy's house,he hides his tiny terror in terror :rock: You really need to try one out.

Back