Recommend high quality, affordable ABY pedal

Lehle ABY If running 3 amps you might need a Lehle P-split to fix the Y- channel ground loop if it occurs. A and B have their own isolated transformers.

1714097435857.png

Best I've used...reasonably priced.

I second this.

Another one I still own and like just as much as my Lehle, which I’m guaranteed to get shit for and y’all can fuck off on is the 1st gen Radial Bigshot ABY. It’s rock solid. Not noisey like people claim and also no loss of high end like I’ve read from others. All false. My only gripe is with certain amps there is a pop noise when switching amps. Seems to be more prevalent with higher gain amps but not a buzzkill I can assure you.

Last edited:
Another one I still own and like just as much as my Lehle, which I’m guaranteed to get shit for and y’all can fuck off on is the 1st gen Radial Bigshot ABY. It’s fkn rock solid. Not noisey like people claim and also no loss of high end like I’ve read from others. All false. My only gripe is with certain amps there is a pop noise when switching amps. Seems to be more prevalent with higher gain amps but not a buzzkill I can assure you.

I still use my Radial Bigshot ABY from time to time. As long as you buffer the signal going into it somehow, it sounds great and works like a charm.

Right now, my ABY is a Fractal FX8. It's also my compressor, boost, phaser, delay, reverb, eq, and my footswitches for channel switching. I like that thing.

I have a middle of the road MXR ABY. Doesn't have the features the Radial or Lehle stuff has but seems to work fine for my needs. Now that I can run 2 amps together, I'm spoiled. Not sure I could go back to not having that :dunno:

Question related to buffers. A buffer pedal (like a Boss SD1) does not have to be on to work/help does it? What about a Boss NS-2 in "X" pattern?

Lehle is best, but pricey. Radial Twin is also very good.

But for home use, I went with a cheapo I got off Ebay, clone of the Fender version. Don't notice any tone suck when I use it.

I have a middle of the road MXR ABY. Doesn't have the features the Radial or Lehle stuff has but seems to work fine for my needs. Now that I can run 2 amps together, I'm spoiled. Not sure I could go back to not having that :dunno:

Question related to buffers. A buffer pedal (like a Boss SD1) does not have to be on to work/help does it? What about a Boss NS-2 in "X" pattern?
Yes an SD1 or other Boss pedal should do the trick, not on.

Lehle is best, but pricey. Radial Twin is also very good.

But for home use, I went with a cheapo I got off Ebay, clone of the Fender version. Don't notice any tone suck when I use it.
thinking about going this route also. My goal is a wdw rig with my custom pre dry center. My other amps are already set up in stereo with effects. So any aby would work for how I'm set up.

thinking about going this route also. My goal is a wdw rig with my custom pre dry center. My other amps are already set up in stereo with effects. So any aby would work for how I'm set up.
I think I paid 30 bucks for the one I have. Does the job well. If I played out though, I'd opt for the Lehle as they are indestructible.

Radial Twin City serves me well. Be sure to get an ABY switcher with an isolation transformer, otherwise noise will likely be an issue.

Back