Recto Rev F vs G

You could mod your G to get someone else's favorite version of a Recto, or you could just boost your G with your pedal of choice to get your favorite version. It's a lot more adaptable that way..
This comment resonates with my experience. Between my 2 Duals (Rev E & F) and my Triple G-->C, I can throw a good boost in front of any of them and use a PEQ in the loop to slightly boost the overall preamp signal and bring out a little more of the frequencies I want with good results.

As for not putting too much stock in the whole Rev F vs G debate, the comment comes from the financial aspect of how exponentially expensive the 2 Channel Rectifiers have become. It's as if their appreciation has followed the whole C+ market, or most desirable gear in general.

Are their tonal differences between the revisions E, F, and G that I've played, yes. Are there massive differences which justify a couple extra grand between the revisions, not in my opinion (key word = opinion). If you're an all out collector, hey I get it and enjoy what makes you happy.

In regards to Rev C or D, the cost alone puts me off from buying one. I'll take the word of the afficianados and the guy who helped develop the amp that the differences are there. If one came up without costing a kidney, that would most likely change my tune on enjoying the experience.

The Rev C mod is cool but isn't 100% to C specs & kills the clean channel.
Are you talking about the mod Boogie offers or the one documented on the boogie board?

I guess one aspect of having your amp modded to not exact RevC specs is the different tranny in the later RevG but not the early RevF.

Any insights about the difference?
I'll chime in...the transformers, for one. And, there are some parts that went into those Cs that are unavailable now. According to Mike B when I asked him 6 yrs ago about the C mod to a G.
I'm sure the replacement parts that aren't the same as what was available in 92 are just fine to use. But they do make the amp sound different than a legit C.

I’ve seen various comparisons of the different revisions on YouTube, but has anyone seen one that compares all the revisions (C, D, E, F, G and current MultiWatt) back to back with the same player / same cab / same riff?

These are the Schumacher transformers used in 2-channel Triple Rectifiers. The Dual Rectifier transformers changed in July 1993 to add a 16-ohm tap, but Triples always had one.

- 562181 output transformer (same as the M180, Baron, Strategy 400/500, Buster Bass)

- 561138 power transformer
Not to nitpick, but my M180 has the exact same PT (190555) & OT (0160322) as my IIC+ Coliseum.

The Strategies, to the best of my knowledge from talking with guys that own them, used the same PT & OT as the MKIII Coliseum. I had a thread about it with some guys a few years back.

The MkIII Colis are notably weaker than the MkII Colis, FWIW.

All that said in the big picture of component stack & tolerance drift I don't put much stock in the transformers themselves. I have my reasons & YMMV.

Not to nitpick, but my M180 has the exact same PT (190555) & OT (0160322) as my IIC+ Coliseum.

The Strategies, to the best of my knowledge from talking with guys that own them, used the same PT & OT as the MKIII Coliseum. I had a thread about it with some guys a few years back.

The MkIII Colis are notably weaker than the MkII Colis, FWIW.

All that said in the big picture of component stack & tolerance drift I don't put much stock in the transformers themselves. I have my reasons & YMMV.
@GJgo are the PT (190555) and OT (0160322) the same transformers in the IIB Coliseum?

@GJgo are the PT (190555) and OT (0160322) the same transformers in the IIB Coliseum?
My IIB Coli has PT M180162 OT 0180322. A much earlier IIB Coli I have pics of has PT P180321 and OT 0180322.

The no stripe III coli I had was PT 190555 and OT 0180322.

These are the Schumacher transformers used in 2-channel Triple Rectifiers. The Dual Rectifier transformers changed in July 1993 to add a 16-ohm tap, but Triples always had one.

- 562181 output transformer
- 561138 power transformer
Thank you for this information!

Back