Replacing the cabinet in the ReVolt Guitar preamp

fpizzaga

Hello,
If I well understood there is a single cabinet installed in the ReVolt Guitar preamp.
Is it possible to replace it with another one?
Thank you,
Fab

I think that the cab is part of the circuit, You can't swap it out like an IR. That was part of their sales pitch was that it was all analog.
For recording, you can defeat it and then run an IR in your DAW.

Got it. I was thinking more about live situations. It would be nice to get the favorite IR, without having to plug another device.
Thanks!

I think that the cab is part of the circuit, You can't swap it out like an IR. That was part of their sales pitch was that it was all analog.
I had one for a few days and wasn't impressed. It hummed quite a bit even though the gain wasn't very high. I never used the direct out though, I was just plugging it into power amps.
If I was in the market for a preamp pedal, I'd probably go Friedman IRx, the videos sound pretty good.

Good morning @fpizzaga

Thanks for getting in touch - Ross from Two notes here. The cabinet emulation is ReVolt is an all analog circuit and therefore cannot be changed. You can however combine ReVolt with a C.A.B. M+ fusing our class-leading cab emulation with our analog preamp technology for a variable cab sim.

@chumbucket, we're sorry to hear you were experiencing issues here - generally the ReVolt unit should be quiet but there are a lot of factors that can induce noise into an analogue circuit - we are always here to help in this regard so if anyone has any questions or technical issues with ReVolt, please do not let us know!

Back