Reverb issue

The name of the seller had "music gear" in the title, and I did find evidence of a physical business (music instruction, at the very least) with same name and city. So I assumed that the seller was a dealer.

I will play devils advocate here...it sounds like you got an amp you like, at a great price, in excellent condition and it arrived in one piece. The seller did clarify it was "technically used" before shipping and you told him to ship it anyway (probably because the price was good).
what's the issue?

guitarbilly74":156z62lb said:
I will play devils advocate here...it sounds like you got an amp you like, at a great price, in excellent condition and it arrived in one piece. The seller did clarify it was "technically used" before shipping and you told him to ship it anyway (probably because the price was good).
what's the issue?

I kinda agree, here. I think there's some shenanigans on the seller's part on the listing, but OP needs to be better informed/educated when buying gear.

I recently bought a "like new" Spark Boost on Reverb. After making an offer that was accepted, the seller come forward and said he removed the UPC label off the box, (I'm sure there was a rebate thing going on), but I simply replied, "No biggie, I'm not plugging in and playing the box".

But, I would strongly advise doing some homework. Some unscrupulous dealers out there like to list things as "brand new", only to add fine print in the description that it's a store demo, B-stock, etc. It's B.S., and impossible to police, it's up to the buyer to comprehend and make informed decisions. Shitty selling practices will never go away, they only get shittier, and more devious to make their listings more attractive.

Here's a perfect example. I actually love this guitar, and have been tempted.. But, BRAND NEW, NOT A B-STOCK OR FACTORY SECOND, then read the description and look at pics. Looks like a BLEM, no?

https://reverb.com/item/1174549-dean-ca ... mt-pickups

guitarbilly74":2d6mhp9u said:
what's the issue?

I think the main issue is no warranty on a used item? If the transformer blows up next week, the OEM would likely replace it for the original purchaser. Not now.

psychodave":ho3sd0dc said:
guitarbilly74":ho3sd0dc said:
what's the issue?

I think the main issue is no warranty on a used item? If the transformer blows up next week, the OEM would likely replace it for the original purchaser. Not now.

That's why I wouldn't have bought it, plain and simple. I would have said "thanks, but no thanks", after he fessed up, and would have asked Reverb to explain to the seller what "new" means.

OP should be ashamed. The only "issue" here, is poor judgement.

napalmdeath":3pwklhsn said:
psychodave":3pwklhsn said:
guitarbilly74":3pwklhsn said:
what's the issue?

That's why I wouldn't have bought it, plain and simple. I would have said "thanks, but no thanks", after he fessed up, and would have asked Reverb to explain to the seller what "new" means.

Yup. He did it too himself.

OP quote:

“Several days after purchase, I find out that the amp is "technically used". I was already looking forward to getting the amp, so after complaining a bit I told the seller to ship the amp to me ASAP”

Only has himself to blame.

psychodave":8g4jlewk said:
guitarbilly74":8g4jlewk said:
what's the issue?

That would be a concern for most buyer but the OP being a professional amp builder, makes me scratch my head a little being concerned about having to send an amp away to repair

I was mainly wondering if I should leave negative feedback to warn other buyers. I ended up giving the guy a decent rating (4 out of 5 starts; as was mentioned above, it's actually difficult to leave bad feedback on Reverb) based on his decent communication skills, but I did comment that the used item was listed as Brand New...

I thought about returning the amp -- basically out of spite -- because of the lack of care when shipping equipment. Some people amaze me. But it arrived in one piece, and complaining here gave me enough time to make a clear-headed decision.

guitarbilly74":1bvko289 said:
what's the issue?

Not much of an issue in the grand scheme of things, except that I believe that people shouldn't let scammers get away with shit. In the end, I wasn't sure this guy was a scammer - he simply might not have known the rules. And that's essentially what I said in the feedback. So hopefully he won't be able to fool people in the future...

napalmdeath":tds6p8fy said:
psychodave":tds6p8fy said:
guitarbilly74":tds6p8fy said:
what's the issue?

No poor judgment here. Was just complaining a bit. And I don't feel any shame. Sorry dude.

V2a":cds0lj9r said:
napalmdeath":cds0lj9r said:
psychodave":cds0lj9r said:
guitarbilly74":cds0lj9r said:
what's the issue?

No poor judgment here. Was just complaining a bit. And I don't feel any shame. Sorry dude.

What's to complain about, other than you getting suckered? He took "several days" to ship, came clean that it was used, and you said "ship ASAP". I don't understand what you're griping about? You had the chance to tell him to stick it, kinda late for complaining, ain't it?

napalmdeath":2ir2v25l said:
V2a":2ir2v25l said:
napalmdeath":2ir2v25l said:
psychodave":2ir2v25l said:
guitarbilly74":2ir2v25l said:
what's the issue?

What's to complain about, other than you getting suckered? He took "several days" to ship, came clean that it was used, and you said "ship ASAP". I don't understand what you're griping about? You had the chance to tell him to stick it, kinda late for complaining, ain't it?

If the guy wants to vent and get his head on straight he’s not hurting anyone. It seems like you’re going out of your way to rub his nose in it by telling him that he got suckered. Strikes me as odd.

Oblivion DC":90a17x59 said:
napalmdeath":90a17x59 said:

If the guy wants to vent and get his head on straight he’s not hurting anyone. It seems like you’re going out of your way to rub his nose in it by telling him that he got suckered. Strikes me as odd.

'Tis all good. It seems like some people here preferred the 'send it back' option listed in my original post, some preferred the 'leave negative feedback' option, and Napalm preferred the 'suck it up' option.

psychodave":ltat5rm3 said:
guitarbilly74":ltat5rm3 said:
what's the issue?

Indeed that's the main issue. I know Dave runs them EL84s HOT!

Back