Reverse headstock with a Floyd?

KentC

From what I have picked up on over the years, the benefit of a reverse head stock seems to be to have that extra tension on the lower strings, right? I know that some really just like the looks of it, but there does seem to be a practical reason for it design of I've understood it correctly. If that's all true, then does the mechanical reasons for having a reverse head stock basically just get canceled out when you have a Floyd Rose on your guitar and you lock down the clamps on the nut? Because that becomes your end point of your strings rather than at the tuning peg. So does that mean that a guitar with a reverse head stock that had a Floyd is just for cosmetics at that point? Never liked the way reverse head stocks look anyway, but I was looking at a guitar with one the other day with a Floyd and it's been going through my head ever since. :doh:

Too long, didn't read summary..... am I completely wrong here, or does putting a locking nut on a guitar with a reverse head stock defeat its purpose?

Hung Huy Tran said:
I like 'em too. Here is mine. I find it easier to grab the tuners on a reverse headstock.

[/quote

This exactly. I do prefer the look but it's nicer to tune as well.

reverse, regular headstock it doesn't matter one bit when floyed. Its merely a visual thing and not a functional thing

Back