Rhodes/KSR Users: What Settings Do You Use?

Candiria

I got a Rhodes Colossus yesterday, and I was able to get three pretty killer sounds out of it after a few minutes. I know there's a lot more in there though, especially in the crunch channel because I couldn't find anything usable in it (humbuckers might be too hot). There's all those channels, modes, switches, and eq options, so how do you guys set up your Rhodes stuff?

Also, is there any trick to the volumes? Like on a Recto you should set the Channel volume to like 10:30-12, or on a VHT you run the Master at 3:00, and then you use the other level controls to set the volume.

Obligatory pic (from the seller:)

npevr6qf4mvde3cebza1.jpg

Total score, man. If I had not jumped on the current Gemini run, I would have hopped on the colossus in the classifieds.

Mine is being built with kt88s so I plan to run my master around noon and go from there. Let us know what you come up with.

Enjoy the amp. I can't wait for mine.

Nice dude!

I didn't have much time with it last night. From my first run through I think I liked Thick and Mode on for both lead channels, Fat off for Lead 1/bright on (rhythm), Fat on for Lead 2/bright off (Leads). Bright on on the clean channel. Crunch I couldn't find anything I liked yet. That's all without taking the EQ into consideration, and then after that there's the Top and Bottom controls lol. There's a lot going on, but it seems easier to quickly get good sounds out of it compared to something like Mesa Mark.

Also sustain is insane.

Nice! Wish I wasn't having to sell mine. You will love it. Doesn't take long to dial in. So many options. I did stay away from the crunch channel. Never got anywhere with it and that was with an eq in there.

i agree

i just got a gemini and the amount of options is mind boggling

honestly it sounds pretty good even before you really start messing with all the options

Back