Rick Beato interviews Joe Satriani and Steve Vai

o_0

MmuRTWB.jpg

They kinda look like a couple pawn shop customers in that photo.
I shouldn't poke fun but its hard not to. I'll check out the Beato vid when I get back from the cabin. But that still shot gives me the vibe of whatever they were talking about, they both were like, "Yeah, I know, hard to believe right?" :LOL:

I shouldn't poke fun but its hard not to. I'll check out the Beato vid when I get back from the cabin. But that still shot gives me the vibe of whatever they were talking about, they both were like, "Yeah, I know, hard to believe right?" :LOL:
Joe is telling Rick he's really gonna pull this whole VH thing off authentically and Steve is looking to see if Rick is actually buying Joe's shit, lol

Steve Vai is the reason I decided to get serious on guitar. That man will always have a special place in my heart. No homo. But gat damn his albums after Real Illusions were.................meh at best.

Still love the guy though.

Great interview. Always enjoy hearing them talk and share old stories. Particularly enjoy them talking about this tour/recent songs together and it’s like going back in time and playing with an old friend. What a great feeling!

Steve Vai is the reason I decided to get serious on guitar. That man will always have a special place in my heart. No homo. But gat damn his albums after Real Illusions were.................meh at best.

Same here. The Ultra Zone was the first one where I wasn’t in love with the album, though it has some great moments. Part of it was because my tastes changed considerably during the same period, but he softened up a bit during this period, writing wise and his tone.

Inviolate was the first album he did since UZ that I listened to quite a bit. Definitely the closest thing he’s done to ALS since then, with a more stripped down album and not as ‘weird Vai’. I also prefer his Synergy tone to his Legacy tone, despite loving the Legacy when I play through one.

Real Illusions was the last one I bought and enjoyed overall. Also agree with Rev that for me the Ultra Zone was where he was starting to lose me even though it does have some bangers

Fire Garden is still my favorite actually

Real Illusions was the last one I bought and enjoyed overall. Also agree with Rev that for me the Ultra Zone was where he was starting to lose me even though it does have some bangers

Fire Garden is still my favorite actually

Yeah The Ultra Zone was whern things started going down for Vai IMHO. Windows To The Soul is one of his best ballads though.

Back