ROCK WIZARD TUBE AMP by LARRY

donbarzini":1ivfvhcc said:
ericsabbath":1ivfvhcc said:
around... US$8400 :scared:

:hys: That's a good price! You just have to make sure Larry is there to record your amp using the exact cabinet he specifies in the exact environment he recommends for it to reach its full potential or else it won't outshine amps that cost 1/3 or less that amount.

or can get 20 Golden Ton VH-30 heads Refined by Larry-Amplification and destroy any Dino :rock:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gitarren-Verstae...49QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAmps?hash=item563797beed

donbarzini":3fo7kjjd said:
ericsabbath":3fo7kjjd said:

:hys: That's a good price! You just have to make sure Larry is there to record your amp using the exact cabinet he specifies in the exact environment he recommends for it to reach its full potential or else it won't outshine amps that cost 1/3 or less that amount.

If you plugged in to it, you'd stop laughing. Depending on your playing skills, the amp may laugh at you !

donbarzini":3kwmbx3x said:
ericsabbath":3kwmbx3x said:

:checkthisout:

thegame":353r6hae said:
donbarzini":353r6hae said:
ericsabbath":353r6hae said:

If you plugged in to it, you'd stop laughing. Depending on your playing skills, the amp may laugh at you !

Sorry Gary...I'm not buying into the hype

At that price it better make the ladies instantly take off their skirts AND panties....otherwise count me out

8400?

Not trying to be a dick, but how the hell do you come up with a figure like that for an amp head? Seriously?

AmpliFIRE":o7yx2nis said:
thegame":o7yx2nis said:
donbarzini":o7yx2nis said:
ericsabbath":o7yx2nis said:

At that price it better make the ladies instantly take off their skirts AND panties....otherwise count me out

Guys, it's his right to ask any price he wants. Noone has to buy it.

Regarding the girls without panties, I'd probably focus and enjoy the tone of the Larry rather than watching that, given the average female rock concert audience. :LOL: :LOL:

Well guys do pay $4000 for some chunks of wood glued together in mass production from an assembley line so I am guessing why not price your amp like that :confused: ;)

donbarzini":3a5hmsre said:
Digital Jams":3a5hmsre said:
Well guys do pay $4000 for some chunks of wood glued together in mass production from an assembley line so I am guessing why not price your amp like that :confused: ;)

Or exotic wood headboxes for mass produced amplifiers.

oh snap!!!

donbarzini":2sd1h5zd said:
Digital Jams":2sd1h5zd said:

Now I know why tigers eat their young.

Digital Jams":33i8ff9x said:

Yes they do lol!

Digital Jams":2egfnd8e said:
donbarzini":2egfnd8e said:
Digital Jams":2egfnd8e said:

Now I know why loins eat their young.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ericsabbath":30r20gzf said:
Is it my bad, that the US$ went south :confused:

And to show a correct US-price, you'd have to take the export price of the DINO as the base of your calculation.
Moreover you've mentioned the German's price, what not only includes the German VAT, but also the so called "S" model, what includes all bells & whistles, what in reality nobody need really. But maybe I've expected too much of the brain of others, ha? ;)

donbarzini":30r20gzf said:
If you feel better now, than I'm happy with you! It's a pleasure for me, to do you a favor :gethim:

:D

Larry

Digital Jams":2i8j75br said:

:LOL: :LOL:

I haven't gone above the high 2's yet personally, and even that was hard to swallow and somewhat anti-climatic. :doh:

Digital Jams":z4arnapj said:

donbarzini":z4arnapj said:
AmpliFIRE":z4arnapj said:

larryf.jpg

I totally get where you guys are coming from. Scott; people will buy a Gibson at pretty much any price based on name and reputation alone. Not to mention that QC on the "$4k" higher end stuff is much better than the regular models...and they still delivers the goods tonally. If pricing was based on workmanship alone, than Hamer should cost 5x as much as a Gibson.

I'm not a troll and I never go out of my way to question an amp builders philosophy or pricing model...but there is a point where it just becomes ridiculous. If someone wants to sell their product than cost has to be examined closely. This is creating a new market plateau in a time when most everyone is having issues just trying to make ends meet...

picassochild":fvmwdba4 said:
or can get 20 Golden Ton VH-30 heads Refined by Larry-Amplification and destroy any Dino :rock:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gitarren-Verstae...49QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAmps?hash=item563797beed
... and play all 20 daisy chained at the same time :rock:

The "Refined by Larry" series, which are Smart-10, Smart-20, VH-30 and VT-30 was a job I did last summer for a Chinese company.
But "my hands" never have been inside this amps, I even haven't 'designed' these amps (hence the 'refined' and not 'designed'),
the only I did was, to check already complete products and to tell the Chinese engineer, "how to do it right" ;)

But go and try a VH-30, what's nothing else than a Peavey Classic 30 clone, where I've advised to swap some (22) part's values - and I guarantee, you'd be overwhelmed about the sound of this beast in relation to its price!

Larry

AmpliFIRE":1z5ajayl said:
Digital Jams":1z5ajayl said:

donbarzini":1z5ajayl said:
AmpliFIRE":1z5ajayl said:

larryf.jpg

I totally get where you guys are coming from. Scott; people will buy a Gibson at pretty much any price based on name and reputation alone. Not to mention that QC on the "$4k" higher end stuff is much better than the regular models...and they still delivers the goods tonally. If pricing was based on workmanship alone, than Hamer should cost 5x as much as a Gibson.

I'm not a troll and I never go out of my way to question an amp builders philosophy or pricing model...but there is a point where it just becomes ridiculous. If someone wants to sell their product than cost has to be examined closely. This is creating a new market plateau in a time when most everyone is having issues just trying to make ends meet...
As much as I love Hamer you will never see me dropping $4000 on one of them either, just cannot do it. I did buy my Monaco new but that was 6 years ago and was $1900 barebones without binding, inlays, etc.

Prices are nuts today and the internet has caused it. Fucking Al Gore :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":zam4ghth said:
As much as I love Hamer you will never see me dropping $4000 on one of them either, just cannot do it. I did buy my Monaco new but that was 6 years ago and was $1900 barebones without binding, inlays, etc.

Prices are nuts today and the internet has caused it. Fucking Al Gore :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

I liked the internet better in the late 90's when there were less people online, and not as commercialized. :LOL: :LOL:

donbarzini":196tjh20 said:
novosibir":196tjh20 said:
If you feel better now, than I'm happy with you! It's a pleasure for me, to do you a favor :gethim:

:D

Larry

If I end up taking a second mortgage on my home to get one, I'll have you come over and assist me with it :worship:
Why are you busting the guy's balls? You certainly don't have to buy one of his amps if you don't like the price and it appears that with a 15 month backlog and two amps going out a month, he isn't having any problems selling the maximum number he can build himself....

I dunno... maybe I'm missing something... no check that... I KNOW I'm missing something here...

Steve

donbarzini":1shcmg2o said:
There is no way a Wizard MM OT could have blown, there is a guy who is an endorsee and demos the amps at Namm and the amp shows who knows the seller of that amp you bought and says he is a stand up guy.
Is there anyone around, who can translate me this sentence into another English, so that also I with my wimpy German's English can get the sense? Or is it just due to the missing commas, that I couldn't understand? :confused:

Larry

Back