Rocktron loop 8 floor

stewboy

Looking to pick up one. Does anybody know if I can change the channel of my amp,pedals upfront and pedals in the FX loop with one push of a button?..tried of tap dancing.

Looks like it can:

The eight loops may be configured for multiple purposes including Channel switching, effects loops, guitar routing and more. Add preset programmability along with pedal True Bypass to any standard pedal board with ease!

Yes you can. Make sure you get the updated version. I dig mine so far.
pedalboard001.jpg

nine9nine":10vchfia said:
Yes you can. Make sure you get the updated version. I dig mine so far.
pedalboard001.jpg

Nice :rock:

Is it easy to setup? so I can switch amp channel+amp fx loop+ pedals infront of amp with one tap?

Cheers

Each loop is discrete- meaning you can assign it to either an effect or to amp switching or to your FX loop but you'll need to make your own cables as you have to have a short jumper between each loop. I ordered Mogami 2319 from Redco.com and Neutrik straight ends.
I dig the unit but just be aware you'll have to make some cables. I enjoyed the process as it allowed me to correct some other issues. Lots of info here and elsewhere re making your own cables.

Apparently some peeps at TGP were unhappy because you have to actually tap twice to change patches. What happens is that when you go to a preset it defaults to control of each individual loop, so you can switch individual fx in and out within the patch. This necessitates "priming" it by hitting preset before you switch patches. Not a big deal in all reality. Take with a grain of salt, as this is not first hand info.

Anyways, it doesn't weigh much in my decision to possibly acquire one down the line. If I can afford more at the time I may go with a Midi G-Labs system or something though.

They've revised it so it's one hit for presets- that's why I said make sure you get the later version, tho Rocktron was very cool about updating mine. I think it's a cool unit for the price.

nine9nine":32yrjuzm said:
They've revised it so it's one hit for presets- that's why I said make sure you get the later version, tho Rocktron was very cool about updating mine. I think it's a cool unit for the price.

Ahhh, I thought you meant one of the newer ones, versus the original model. So the new models have been revised to correct that? If so that's excellent.

nine9nine":2a5f0504 said:

How do you update it? just incase I get the older model.

If you're in the States they'll probably have you ship it to them so they can do it. I'm in Canada so they emailed me a download as an attachment but you need a USB to MIDI adaptor. We ended up having problems getting it to work so they just sent me a new updated unit. I would say anything they're shipping now is updated. I did the swap in February.

Back