Roland Orzabal…..

Everybody wants to rule the world is a great solo with killer tone. Dude has a killer voice too.

Look we all now know that Freddie and Halford were playing for the other team and it’s 2024. Sesual preference is a non-issue for most non-Neanderthals.

B52s, The Cure, Depeche Mode all made good stuff. Or maybe it was the quaaludes. :ROFLMAO:
EDIT: Probably coke by then but whatever.

In the 80’s my Buddy and I would go to this club in Perth, goth (upstairs), Rockabilly (downstairs) and on Saturday I would go see an incredible cover band‘s regular gig that had pyro etc which did all the heavy classics, AC/DC, Purple, Sabbath, Priest. It was like I had a double life or a secret family..😂
I was cranking New Order in the car as much as Don’t Break the Oath and Restless and Wild.

one of my fav’s

Back in the early 80s before I discovered Slayer, I was mostly listening to stuff like this. Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, New Order, Ultravox, etc.. I barely listened to metal at all other than Kiss and Iron Maiden. I still love all of this stuff especially DM. They're still making excellent music. Much better than any of the garbage the Zs listen to.

You got to keep it queer….pet shop boys thread incoming….,
kirk nooooo-please-no.jpg

About 5-7 years ago I realized I actually really love both Tears For Fears and Duran Duran, despite the Pantera tattoos and screaming aggressive music I write. Watching some of those live shows from the 80’s or just listening to the songs and hearing how fucking perfect it all is without a single bit of Pro Tools, Melodyne or digital editing can only demand respect from me.
morgan freeman hes right you know moving text.gif

Back in the early 80s before I discovered Slayer, I was mostly listening to stuff like this. Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, New Order, Ultravox, etc.. I barely listened to metal at all other than Kiss and Iron Maiden. I still love all of this stuff especially DM. They're still making excellent music. Much better than any of the garbage the Zs listen to.
Ultravox were fantastic.

About 5-7 years ago I realized I actually really love both Tears For Fears and Duran Duran, despite the Pantera tattoos and screaming aggressive music I write. Watching some of those live shows from the 80’s or just listening to the songs and hearing how fucking perfect it all is without a single bit of Pro Tools, Melodyne or digital editing can only demand respect from me.
I met DD back in the '80s. Spent half an hour with them backstage pre-show while they were psyching themselves up for a 7.5k crowd at the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre (now morphed into the modern tennis area called "Melbourne Park").

I was just a 15/16-year-old punk who happened to look like SLB. Even if I never taste some sort of success in music, at least I know what it's like to be rescued by security from thousands of rabid fans.

Band wanted to know what all the screaming was about, hence my relegation to their locker area until the show. The advice was to wait 'til the crowd had got used to the fact that they were onstage and then "sneak in".

Andy was drinking Vodka from a basin filled with it. They were great guys. Not stuck-up at all. Gave me time and respect.

It's good to see that as the years have gone by they've become ever-more appreciated. Wasn't like that back in the day. If you weren't a chick it wasn't cool to like DD.

Raoul and the Kings of Spain has some fantastic guitar playing on it. Love Roland. They also have 1st class musicians in their band.

Back