Sammy Hagar!

I have a lot of respect for the Man. He has been rocking since the early 70's with Montrose!

I think he made the right choice going with VH. Its just too bad it ended up as sour grapes.

Deanmachine":1f2zwvug said:
That was at the orange pavilion in San berdoo..yeah he should have stayed with that band and decline van Hagar..
The video says it is the Checkerdome in St Louis and the crowd is yelling "ST. LOUIS!!!!" when Hagar asks them "Where is the most hard rockin' place in America"?

Steve

Saw Sammy last year expecting a crap show and I have to say he brought the goods. It helped that he had Jason Bohnam with him and they played some Zeppelin tunes. One of the better surprises I have had at a show.

Big fan of Sammy. I go to his birthday bash in Cabo almost every year. Always a great time!
I like Eddie and his playing but he really comes off like a big Douche.

Yep pretty douchey stuff from Ed regarding MA.
I like Ed working Wolfie in but to try and character assassinate A guy who was a Proven Contributor and Workhorse like Mike is Garbage.

jammin1":2qkhpa0d said:
Big fan of Sammy. I go to his birthday bash in Cabo almost every year. Always a great time!
I like Eddie and his playing but he really comes off like a big Douche.

Nice interview :thumbsup:

Eddie is a messed up mental case. Most genius types are. He does not need to be a crappy human being though and that is what he portrays himself as. Maybe at one time he wasn't but he is now. At this stage in life I cannot imagine spending so much time with someone I do not like as Eddie does. If EVH does not get along with DLR, get a better singer. Look on Youtube, there are dozen's of guys that have the look and sound of a young Dave. Is EVH doing it for the money?? :confused:

From Billboard's website:

Why does Eddie Van Halen so often work with people he doesn’t seem to like? It does not appear that he needs the money or enjoys the fame. He concedes that he barely knows the words to most Van Halen tracks, which means he doesn’t care about the lyrics to songs he doesn’t recall inventing. He could spend the rest of his days making music by himself, in his own isolated studio, and no one would question the decision. So why, at the age of 60, does he continue to tour with a singer who drives him insane?
Because he feels obligated to do so.

Sammy is 67 years old and still belts them out

11425192_10202958607886341_2073378319374874719_o.jpg

guitarmike":tsclofii said:
Eddie is a messed up mental case. Most genius types are. He does not need to be a crappy human being though and that is what he portrays himself as. Maybe at one time he wasn't but he is now. At this stage in life I cannot imagine spending so much time with someone I do not like as Eddie does. If EVH does not get along with DLR, get a better singer. Look on Youtube, there are dozen's of guys that have the look and sound of a young Dave. Is EVH doing it for the money?? :confused:

Why does Eddie Van Halen so often work with people he doesn’t seem to like? It does not appear that he needs the money or enjoys the fame. He concedes that he barely knows the words to most Van Halen tracks, which means he doesn’t care about the lyrics to songs he doesn’t recall inventing. He could spend the rest of his days making music by himself, in his own isolated studio, and no one would question the decision. So why, at the age of 60, does he continue to tour with a singer who drives him insane?

Ya weird. Just make one with his brother and kid.

messenger":34fflxno said:
guitarmike":34fflxno said:

Ya weird. Just make one with his brother and kid.

No shit. Why not just sing lead himself? According to Ed it was his own vocals that made the background what they were not just Mike which I understand to a degree but that's not what he was saying. He was again down playing Mikes ability as a musician. Dude has lost his mind.

After so many negative comments about several band mates, does Ed really think everyone else is the problem? At what point do you do some self-reflection and be honest with yourself?

I think what Ed contributed to the guitar-playing community was great...even if it was just a technique that he compounded. I can't remember what band (or guitar player) created tapping, but it wasn't Ed (it was covered on the VH1 series 'Metal Evolution'). What Ed DID do was give tapping a resurgence and I think was the reason so many guitarists pursued virtuosity in the 80s.

As for Sammy, I like Sammy, but I like his voice, not the lyrics. I think a DLR-fronted Van Halen would have faced the same fate as a lot of the other "party-rock" bands did during the 90s, but it's tough to say because they were the originators of the scene.

Deanmachine":mu5qe5iv said:
That was at the orange pavilion in San berdoo..yeah he should have stayed with that band and decline van Hagar..

If he had, none of us would be talking about Sammy Hagar right now... he would have faded into obscurity.

Back