Scumback speaker users

Hollywood

Guys, I want to place an order with Jim at Scumback speakers ASAP!...But before I do, I want to ask any of you that have run the speakers with the bass cones or 55 versions what if anything do you notice versus the 75 cones?
I specifically want to run some OS2/12 Bogner cabs, and want to get the biggest or 4/12 cab sound as I can get. I love the M-75 65 watters and will be getting some of those for sure.
I just wonder if I should get 1 h-55 65 watter to mix with 1 m-75 65 watter in the mentioned 2/12 cab ? My favorite cabs have a mix of m-75 and h-75 speakers in them..
I do not have any experience with the 55 version cone speakers, so I thought asking might be helpful. Thanks.

If you like the H75, you'd probably like the H55.

I had a pair or H75's and a pair of H55's, thought the H75's were too bright and harsh, but kept the H55's.

I'd probably wanna mix M55's with M75's, the small magnets are smoother, and will be the same db's. H's are 2db louder than M's.

I realize that, but the kicker here is you are trying to maximize the 2/12 to get as close as ya can to the 4/12 sound. So the volume would be a help I would think ? :confused:

hthomas":1skouu4q said:
I've got a pair of M75's in a Port City 2x12 and it sure does feel like the a 4x12 to me
As do I...exact same set up, and I concur! :thumbsup:

Don't overlook the J55 or J75 that is mix of the M and H speakers.

I only have an H75 and Scumnico so I can't help you with the 55 versions. I find the H75 anything but harsh, but I bought mine with Fullbreak in from Jim.

Back