• Carvin Holdsworth

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other, Please post!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ConcreteVampire

Last guitar!

I PROMISE! lol...

seriously, want a last git in the stable afor I get married and focus on traveling and nest/studio building with the hunny...

Blues band duties. Want that sweet semi hollow mellow rippin thing. Got a Les Paul, got a Strat and Tele.

$1200 cap.

American.

can only find two options! LOL... :LOL: :LOL:

Gibson Midtown Series
hollowed out mahogany body, Mahog FLAT solid top. (It's why they are soo much cheaper than the ES's, CNC, and no body forming... no plywood too though. I think it's a bonus)
"Customs" had Burstbuckers, but looked cheap with the stark white binding, and 3 piece tops.
A new models coming out this year, with P-90's, 2 pice tops, creme bindings/PU Covers.
I can get pics sent from the factory, and pick out the one I wanna buy. Best top of course.

CARVIN. I know, CARVIN.
What can I say, the Tele semi hollw can be built out with a crazy flame, or quilt for that price range as well.
The Spec on the Holdworth models are SICK as well.
I'm very lucky I can scoot over to Hollyweird and try em out....

Any other brands? options? used models?

I'd KILL for a ES 339, but even used they hover around $1600-1700...

rlord1974":2iijaibo said:
Just a hair more than you want to spend, but the extra couple hundred $'s would be well worth it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120906

Awesome guitar, but at least with my Gretsch Brian Setzer hot rod, I don't get ES335 tones at all.

I am actually looking for a semi hollow ES335 or ES339 guitar. I am open to foriegn made guitars though. Here is the list I am checking out

- Epiphone ES339pro
- Epiphone Dot
- Epiphone SheratonII, early MIK version
- Gibson Midtown custom
- Ibanez AM93
- Ibanez AM107
- Gibson ES339
- Gibson ES335

At the moment I am leaning toward a used Sheraton, lots of options for sure. I was actually going to post a similar thread, so I am glad you started this one. :)

I have 3 semi-hollows:

PRS SE... Meh ~$450 and not worth it. Pickups sound okay
Ibanez Artcore AF75: went to GC to play something else and this caught my eye. 3 hours and many amp demos later I walked out with this girl. She sounds awesome and has mad range. ~$375
Epiphone Dot Studio: 335 copy. Pickups are way hot. Best $199 I ever spent.

All that said, if I were in the market for another semi - hollow it would be the Gibson ES-339 with the 50's style neck.

racerevlon":2kt3r0qk said:
I have 3 semi-hollows:

PRS SE... Meh ~$450 and not worth it. Pickups sound okay
Ibanez Artcore AF75: went to GC to play something else and this caught my eye. 3 hours and many amp demos later I walked out with this girl. She sounds awesome and has mad range. ~$375
Epiphone Dot Studio: 335 copy. Pickups are way hot. Best $199 I ever spent.

All that said, if I were in the market for another semi - hollow it would be the Gibson ES-339 with the 50's style neck.

Bingo! Totally what I want, but to pricey with nuptuals threatening!
Lol...
Her ring is screwing with my guitar budget!! :LOL: :LOL:

tripstan":1h97w1xa said:
Epiphone ES 339 Ultra might be worth checking out.

I'm sure it's a kick ass instrument, but I'm weeding out out all my imports and just keeping my USA instruments. Nothing against imports at all. Just want my finalized collection to be all American! Amps included.... :thumbsup:

I know you said american but I thought i'd share this jap guitar with you.

I have the new Jaguar Thinline in sunburst. After you add the roller buzz stop and mustang bridge the thing is amazing.

14928_Fender_FSR_Jaguar_Thinline_3TS_U064927_1.jpg

Bridge and roller set up (not actualy guitar but you get the idea)

BuzzStop.jpg

I have a 72' Tele Deluxe sunburst hollow and its good, but the jag just blows the 72 out of the water.

I may sell mine to fund a new amp head.

After reading the sister thread on TGP, I think the Guild Starfire is probably your best bet. I am sure interested in one....

The PRS wasn't so much "dodgy" as I think PRS just isn't my thing. The neck on that thing (the "wide/thin") neck is atrocious. Maybe I would jive with a different model. This one SOUNDS good but play-ability-wise just isn't my bag, dad.

blackba":x00u2mps said:
After reading the sister thread on TGP, I think the Guild Starfire is probably your best bet. I am sure interested in one....

good info in that thread. The Starfires seem nice, although I'd really need to play one first, the Hamer Artist are really floating my boat as an option. the 59 Burst have crazy tops, are can be had around 1K... $200 under budget...

I am super curious what the Gibson factory sends over for me to "Choose" from. Ya know? Am I goingto see a crazy flame topped 1 out of 2000 they pick out? or just plain tops.... IF it's plain topped then meh...

Back