Sent my amp off today for my first Friedman mod!!

slyvren

... and I'm friggin stoked.

It's 78' JMP 2204 wrapped in snakeskin. I'm getting BE, HBE, JBE and effects loop.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Nico":3ker8nos said:
Lp Freak":3ker8nos said:
3-4 months

Damn thats a lot of time for a mod!!!

Yeah my amp showed up at Dave's place 2 weeks ago and talked to him
yesterday because I added the JBE. He said it would probable be another 3 months.
The guy is super busy, but that must mean something good! :rock:

Pretty cool stuff... quick question, is Dave doing the JBE mods again? I thought there for awhile he wasnt doing them anymore... I could be wrong though.

pfapin05":172a3jqe said:
Pretty cool stuff... quick question, is Dave doing the JBE mods again? I thought there for awhile he wasnt doing them anymore... I could be wrong though.

Only on marshalls. Not on Friedmans.

charveldan":2kyarhdo said:
slyvren":2kyarhdo said:
Nico":2kyarhdo said:
Lp Freak":2kyarhdo said:
3-4 months

"The best things come to those who wait."

Unless of course you're rich and/or famous.
Dave treats everyone fair, saying you have to be famous is not fair to Dave. :thumbsdown:

Hey, I was talking about in life in general. This was a jab at the rockstar that I wish I could be not Dave. Celebrities and rich people get lots of stuff handed to them that people like me have to work their asses off for years to get. But since you went there... I'm pretty sure if Mr. Big Shot Guitar Player walks in Dave's shop and needs 2 modded marshalls and a rack build for his tour in 2 months that he's gonna get bumped ahead of me in line. I'm not saying by any means that Dave isn't fair. I fully expect that to be the case and if I was in Dave's shoes I'd do the same thing. I run my own business and whoever is going to give me the most work and pay my bills the longest always takes a little precedence. It's a competitive world out there. Anyways, I was in no way trying to take any sort of stab at Dave. He's an awesome guy with a an awesome ear and talent. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to have my amp taken care of by him.

slyvren":p2xbb892 said:
charveldan":p2xbb892 said:
slyvren":p2xbb892 said:
Nico":p2xbb892 said:
Lp Freak":p2xbb892 said:
3-4 months

"The best things come to those who wait."

Unless of course you're rich and/or famous.
Dave treats everyone fair, saying you have to be famous is not fair to Dave. :thumbsdown:

Hey, I was talking about in life in general. This was a jab at the rockstar that I wish I could be not Dave. Celebrities and rich people get lots of stuff handed to them that people like me have to work their asses off for years to get. But since you went there... I'm pretty sure if Mr. Big Shot Guitar Player walks in Dave's shop and needs 2 modded marshalls and a rack build for his tour in 2 months that he's gonna get bumped ahead of me in line. I'm not saying by any means that Dave isn't fair. I fully expect that to be the case and if I was in Dave's shoes I'd do the same thing. I run my own business and whoever is going to give me the most work and pay my bills the longest always takes a little precedence. It's a competitive world out there. Anyways, I was in no way trying to take any sort of stab at Dave. He's an awesome guy with a an awesome ear and talent. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to have my amp taken care of by him.
Right-on, 2 to 3 months for a modded amp is actually very quick, some builders take 6 months to a year, and if your Cameron.......[???].

Oh you mean the Cameron phantom mod? I heard about that! I didnt know it actually existed. No one's seen it. He mods your amp to make it vanish!

Sorry I had to. I hope that mess gets all straightened out. I think it's definitely on the right track.

slyvren":1b5rauys said:
Oh you mean the Cameron phantom mod? I heard about that! I didnt know it actually existed. No one's seen it. He mods your amp to make it vanish!

Sorry I had to. I hope that mess gets all straightened out. I think it's definitely on the right track.
I heard that King Guitar & Tone Merchants are teaming up to take over CCV/Cameron amps, which sounds pretty kewl to me. :thumbsup:

Back