Sevendust live pics 7-8-11

vchizzle

Ended up in the front row, which was great for getting pics. Not so great for sound as we were right in front of the subs. The little bit of video I got is very bass & kick drum heavy. Was a good show, Sevendust always brings it. It was the only time I've seen them from the front row(I've seen em a ton of times) and I caught a guitar pick from John Connolly...so that made it worth while. I still haven't met Clint, I've met & hung out with the rest of the guys a few times.

As for gear, both Clint and John are using the newer white EVH 4x12 cabs. Could see any amps but last I knew, John was using 5150 III heads and Clint used Diamond heads. The bass cabs were Peavey 8x10s. I couldn't see Clint's PRS well from my side(when he came over he was moving too much to see well), but he had his normal red custom 22, the charcoal burst 22 with all the writing on the top, a black custom 22 and what looked like a grey black Singlecut(only on "Angel's Son" from what I recall). John played a couple different Dean (Explorer shaped ones) and a Soltero. Vin had Dean basses...1 was a normal Hillsboro single with a maple board, all the rest had rosewood or ebony boards. I couldn't see pedal boards.

5919216752_084af3c547_b.jpg

5918645087_b479b794db_b.jpg

5919210434_0bb80c3411_b.jpg

5919217370_929c2f7020_b.jpg

5918652613_57e0dfedc8_b.jpg

5919203898_f156bb086b_b.jpg

5918655031_be5c9a11f2_b.jpg

That is fuking awesome dude !

These guys are seriously my favorite band. There styles just mesh so well with each other its unbelievable

Jordon":2hd3qepx said:
Nice! Any sign of prototypes of Clint's new Sig PRS?
Nope, just the usual suspects red, black, charcoal(with the writing all over it) Custom 22's and a Singlecut -only used for "Angel's Son".

Rich7620":2hd3qepx said:
Nice pics, Love 7D. Read somewhere recently that Clint went to the EVH heads as well
could very well be true

saw them in.....hmm...2000/maybe 99...ish. opening for creed. and they absolutely blew the civic arena apart. it was incred. Lajon brought it vocally, and the band was lock step fucking tight. love 7dust

What an amazing group of guys, talented and the nicest in the biz!
I've seen them so many times I've lost count. They just bring it live. Latest album with Clint back is great too. Sounds like a "sequel" to Animosity, which is one of their best and defined their signature sound. (if you're not familiar with have a listen) The guitars are very unique on that album and are still some of the heaviest I've heard to date.

Also have to point out how down to earth these dudes are. One of the first times I saw them was in the late '90s in Green Bay. It was cold as fuck outside and my brother and I were just walking back to our car when John C saw us and invited us to hang with them and warm up. John and I talked guitar for awhile and he was digging through their gear to find me one of his flame graphic Epiphones! He couldn't get to them though because they had been packed up and were buried by other gear. :cry: awesome guy though, and just a skinny punk at the time. :LOL: :LOL:

Couple other cool 7D moments: got to hang again with them in Wausau, WI after they
played the Grand Theater. The place is really fancy, and the first few rows of seats on the main floor and in the balcony got ripped out of the floor by raging fans!

At a festival in Somerset, WI, a man in a wheelchair was lifted by the crowd and crowdsurfed to the stage during Angel's Son! So cool.

Yep, the guys all very cool and down to earth guys. This is post show at a bar next to the venue in '08. The only one I still haven't met is Clint - he is sober, so I didn't really expect to see him at the bar after this show.

5924814534_f9f53557b0_b.jpg

5924813858_a7d299ab27_b.jpg

5924813344_6fc6a0cfaf_b.jpg

5924812836_872d02eaf4_b.jpg

glassjaw7":2vvv1ddx said:
What an amazing group of guys, talented and the nicest in the biz!
I've seen them so many times I've lost count. They just bring it live. Latest album with Clint back is great too. Sounds like a "sequel" to Animosity, which is one of their best and defined their signature sound. (if you're not familiar with have a listen) The guitars are very unique on that album and are still some of the heaviest I've heard to date.

Also have to point out how down to earth these dudes are. One of the first times I saw them was in the late '90s in Green Bay. It was cold as fuck outside and my brother and I were just walking back to our car when John C saw us and invited us to hang with them and warm up. John and I talked guitar for awhile and he was digging through their gear to find me one of his flame graphic Epiphones! He couldn't get to them though because they had been packed up and were buried by other gear. :cry: awesome guy though, and just a skinny punk at the time. :LOL: :LOL:

Couple other cool 7D moments: got to hang again with them in Wausau, WI after they
played the Grand Theater. The place is really fancy, and the first few rows of seats on the main floor and in the balcony got ripped out of the floor by raging fans!

At a festival in Somerset, WI, a man in a wheelchair was lifted by the crowd and crowdsurfed to the stage during Angel's Son! So cool.
Yeah, I've lost count myself...somewhere in the 30's for shows I've seen them at, I think. I love Animosity - it's my fave album in terms of songs, production, guitar tones, etc. The new one is very good too, wish it was just a bit heavier though...more tunes like Forever, Strong Arm Broken, etc. Rumor is the upcoming album is supposed to be heavy.

strong arm broken is awesome. i heard they are gonna be working on a new album soon, and it is going to be quite a bit heavier than the last one. i hope so !

vchizzle":1bsj459o said:
snakeman1986":1bsj459o said:
Love sevendust. Glad lowery went back to 'em. His diamond amp and Connolly's 5150 match so well together
Me too, although, I do love Dark New Day as well. Eye Empire is the reincarnation of that - good stuff as well... http://www.eyeempire.com/news/
Ya man I love dark new day. Apparently that had the old touring bassist from creed as the lead singer which I found pretty amazing. Eye empire is also great! I believe that has Donald carpenter from submersed as the lead singer. Loved the first album from submersed as well!

vchizzle":n1o3i44y said:
snakeman1986":n1o3i44y said:
Love sevendust. Glad lowery went back to 'em. His diamond amp and Connolly's 5150 match so well together
Me too, although, I do love Dark New Day as well. Eye Empire is the reincarnation of that - good stuff as well... http://www.eyeempire.com/news/
Ya man I love dark new day. Apparently that had the old touring bassist from creed as the lead singer which I found pretty amazing. Eye empire is also great! I believe that has Donald carpenter from submersed as the lead singer. Loved the first album from submersed as well!

snakeman1986":1as6u49w said:
vchizzle":1as6u49w said:
snakeman1986":1as6u49w said:

Yes sir, donald carpenter is indeed the eye empire bassist. The first submersed album still gets regular play timein my rotation

MYLILSS":19xk102j said:
snakeman1986":19xk102j said:
vchizzle":19xk102j said:
snakeman1986":19xk102j said:

Yes sir, donald carpenter is indeed the eye empire bassist. The first submersed album still gets regular play timein my rotation

Don sings for Eye Empire, Corey Lowery is playing bass. Will Hunt (AKA The Hardest Working Man in Modern Rock) is on drums.

Back