Shameless Gig Pix

steve_k

Couple of shots from last weekend's action. Just got to get Chris, the photographer's water mark off now. Ken Lawrence Explorer, DTM, Cameron....

379537_224659784269493_100001764205109_501024_1976859317_n-1.jpg

392287_224660810936057_100001764205109_501051_1735941619_n-1.jpg

377848_224660404269431_100001764205109_501040_245110543_n.jpg

Great pics. Man that KL is smokin nice. What is the inlay work I see on the fret board?

glip22":2lcywvba said:
Great pics. Man that KL is smokin nice. What is the inlay work I see on the fret board?

I haven't really taken a close look at it. Been playing it too much to pay attention. The green LED side markers (G-spots) are all I see :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It has sort of a mountain terrain thing going, with sun, moon, stars, and some other stuff. Black and white MOP.

Nice guitars for damn sure and easy to play and well balanced for an Explorer body. The wood and craftsmanship though is what makes this guitar.

Steve

steve_k":1xmoti1q said:
glip22":1xmoti1q said:

I haven't really taken a close look at it. Been playing it too much to pay attention. The green LED side markers (G-spots) are all I see :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It has sort of a mountain terrain thing going, with sun, moon, stars, and some other stuff. Black and white MOP.

Nice guitars for damn sure and easy to play and well balanced for an Explorer body. The wood and craftsmanship though is what makes this guitar.

Steve
Ohhh the GAS :doh:

Steve,

A couple questions for you:

Is there really that big of a population of people that like our kind of music there? I assume you are not playing traditional Mid-Eastern music.

What kind of places do you play in? I spent time in Shanghai and sat in with a Chinese band at some rinky-dink hole in the wall bar, they had a similar live music scene to ours. Is the live scene comparable to the states?

guitarmike":3r11hztj said:
Steve,

A couple questions for you:

Is there really that big of a population of people that like our kind of music there? I assume you are not playing traditional Mid-Eastern music.

What kind of places do you play in? I spent time in Shanghai and sat in with a Chinese band at some rinky-dink hole in the wall bar, they had a similar live music scene to ours. Is the live scene comparable to the states?

There are probably more metalheads per capita in the middle east than anywhere else in the world. Way over my tolerance level for dark metal type stuff. I think because they were held back for years and it is now not so taboo for the Muzzies to listen to this sort of music, they just go all out. Fortunately for me, they still love their Metallica and that sort of heavier rock too. I would rather play to a room full of locals than a room full of expats. Definitely, the get the energy going and a great to play for. Music damn sure has no boundaries over here. We have a few more venues to play in Bahrain and some recent offers in Dubai. It's all in good fun though.

Steve

@Jason - I probably saw you here then in 2002.

Back