Shiva Shift and Mode switching by Bogner

ttosh

They quoted $225 to make those two options foot switchable. I saw a diagram of the mode switch which looked pretty simple. Does this seem like a fair price to have Bogner do this modification?

Sounds fair to me in light of the factory doing the mod. Keeps it desireable on a resale. If someone else does it you will lose at least half or more of the 225 on resale if you decide to resell. Your amp will have a higher resale value this way.

just42dave":1qdusr37 said:
what do they do send you a nother foot pedal?? Id be interested

They do not provide another foot pedal, you have to deal with the switching with something else. Another pedal, or some type of MIDI solution, etc...

I do not know enough about the Shiva's Shift and Mode to know if having it foot switchable would be worth the money. Seems like the mode makes it go from more vintage to more modern and in a cover band scenario I could see the benefit, but at home recording it would not be worth the coin. I really am not sure what the shift does yet, still doing research. I love the sounds the Shiva has to offer though, every type of Rock I like, and a whole lot more!!!

I feel having the shift foot switchable is kind of pointless in a live setting because of the volume difference between shift in and out.

If you've purchased the amp new then having Bogner perform the mod will insure that you will not void the warranty status of the amp.

I would rather pay to have a channel volume for the clean/Ch1, or two, one with, one without the boost engaged, or at least one for when the boost is engaged.

Only downside of that amp is that it's so hard to get some breakup from Ch1.

I would do the factory mod Tosh. . I have an Einstein with the ch. 1 FS mod. Done be a Diezel tech works great and did nothing to the value of my amp. It's AWESOME :m17: for live applications. If your not familar w/ the Einstein ch. 1 has 3 modes: Clean, Texas (Best Crunch channel I've ever played, & Mega (Modded Marshall favor) It took the Einstein from a 2 ch. amp w/ 2 master V,to a four channel amp w/ 2 master V. If you like what it does for your sound and want it be footswitchable take your time and do the factory mod. I love having the footswitch option.

Hunter: Not trying to be a dick but why do LOTS of players try to get breakup out of a "Clean" ch. Many of the Diezel guys always ask about it so . . . .
go old school and use your vloume knob on your guitar to get the slightly driven singing tone and use the M. Vol 2 for a clean boost to make it louder. The other guitar player in my band plays a Shiva 2x12 w/ 6L6's. He throws a BB+ in front of the amp for in between dirt shades and for a boost on the OD ch's. I know your frustrations w/ the slight breakup thing. I use to play a DR. Z 6545. Was great but after about 30-40 minutes my pianoish fender bell tone was gone. Granted it made the in between dirty tones just heavenly but I lost the Fender/Roland Jazz chorus type cleans that I think are a must to have at your dissposal. This is where the Bogner/Diezel quality amps shine. Anyway. . . .I believe the builders of these fine machines designed the clean ch. to be well a CLEAN ch. I think it's great being able to get unbroken fendery bell like cleans and still have a massive OD or Distortion sound.

The mode mod was already shown in another thread and making the shift footswitchable isn't necessary IMO so why pay $250 + shipping and who knows how long you'll wait for a mod that has $5 in parts and would take about a half hour to do? :confused: It's only one wire. You could easily remove it before selling it too.

bwgintegra":25urlg6w said:
I feel having the shift foot switchable is kind of pointless in a live setting because of the volume difference between shift in and out.

+1 on this.

Now the mode switchable, yes, that would be cool.

hunter":h7zo2jfv said:
I would rather pay to have a channel volume for the clean/Ch1, or two, one with, one without the boost engaged, or at least one for when the boost is engaged.

Only downside of that amp is that it's so hard to get some breakup from Ch1.

I hear what you are saying but to me the Shiva is an amp you buy knowing you are getting a pure clean tone. I wouldnt mess with the Shiva clean channel because of how beautiful it sounds. But as a mod for your shiva...why not?

Having the Mode switch footswitchable would be great! A friend of mine who has an amp mod business said he could easily do the mod. Would this void my warrantly or kill my resale? Not that I am selling or anything. I think it is easily done and I believe I read you can use the Reverb footswitch - mine is a non reverb model.

On the clean channel, I wish it could get more crunchy.....and had a gain knob to accomplish this because in a gig situayion, pure clean tends to get lost....you need a little grit on the clean, expecially when swithcing between clean and gain.

Back