SL 67 MKii Holy smokes.

marshallmel

Just got to really put one of these to the test today. What an amazing amp. Punch and balls and very articulate. It’s got a good bit of versatility as well with the new switches and features. Played it through a Friedman 4x12 with GB and V30 mix. If you like old Marshalls and you get a chance to try this you will not be disappointed. I’ve now got major GAS.

I've got an original version and a PS2, my fav amp by far. Hard to beat the feel under the fingers.

I was just researching push pull pots to add the new bright and mid mods...

They are updating mark ones to mark twos. I love my mark one and probably won’t do the update, just information sharing

Thanks for contacting us and for playing our gear. We do offer the MKII options on our SL67 and SL68 amps. The cost is $550.00 + shipping. We wouldn't be able to give a time frame for completion, but we'll do everything that we can to get it done as quickly as possible, while still keeping our focus on quality of workmanship.

They are updating mark ones to mark twos. I love my mark one and probably won’t do the update, just information sharing

Thanks for contacting us and for playing our gear. We do offer the MKII options on our SL67 and SL68 amps. The cost is $550.00 + shipping. We wouldn't be able to give a time frame for completion, but we'll do everything that we can to get it done as quickly as possible, while still keeping our focus on quality of workmanship.
So $550 plus shipping to and from correct?

Just got to really put one of these to the test today. What an amazing amp. Punch and balls and very articulate. It’s got a good bit of versatility as well with the new switches and features. Played it through a Friedman 4x12 with GB and V30 mix. If you like old Marshalls and you get a chance to try this you will not be disappointed. I’ve now got major GAS.
Cool to hear some feedback- I’ve got my eyes on these. Would love to fast forward to a year from now so I could find a used one

Just an FYI, they also changed the Master Volume circuitry and spec'd out a new transformer (I'm assuming Heyboer) for the new MKII models, so if you get the upgrade done on your MKI it will probably sound different than a new MKII build. It may or may not be a significant change in sound. Unless they offer to replace the output transformer too, but I doubt it.

I'm unable to send them an email on their support page because their captcha verification bugs out every time.

It better be all the changes. That’s what I asked for and they said nothing to indicate it would be anything other than a complete upgrade to MKII specs. My invoice says “SL68/67 update”. It’s $550 plus $120 shipped back. I obviously paid to ship it there.

The new transformers are supposed to be pretty authentic clones of the old lay down transformers.

I haven’t stopped thinking about that amp since yesterday.

Interesting. The MkII models are $550 more than the OG, which are on sale for $200 off regular price.

Back