Sniper No More!

>|<>QBB<
Robot Devil":7b2ca said:
What made the building blow up?? :?

A bomb... Or artillery... The first shot into the left side of the building looked like a low angle shot, so I'd say a tank or something, but I dunno. The last one took the roof out and looked like a fairly high angle shot....

EDIT: There's a tank on the mid lefthand side so the first shot had to be from there... still working on the second one.

It looks like the first rounds, prolly 50cal, were from the tank/APC in the lower, more mid part of the screen.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":03a7e said:
>|<>QBB<

A bomb... Or artillery... The first shot into the left side of the building looked like a low angle shot, so I'd say a tank or something, but I dunno. The last one took the roof out and looked like a fairly high angle shot....

Got ya. Originally I thought the tank down in the lower left of the shot did it but when I watched it again it really didn't look like it.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":74e7c said:
>|<>QBB<

Depends on how many lives he did/would have taken, and how long they were held up moving forward because of him...

No, I'm just saying the little fag ain't worth the bullet to shoot him with, so we drop a $10K+ bomb on him!

:)

I don't think that was a mortor, but that would have been just as effective :)

It had to be a bomb - too much fire for a tank shell, and the fire was going at a downward angle, as well as the shockwave being circular around the building.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":b707f said:
>|<>QBB<

No, I'm just saying the little fag ain't worth the bullet to shoot him with, so we drop a $10K+ bomb on him!

:)

I don't think that was a mortor, but that would have been just as effective :)

Yeah, I don't have any personal experience with mortars or artillery, but I would assume they'd need at least a gauging shot or something, eh? First shot? I'm curious of the situation.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":11d52 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, I don't have any personal experience with mortars or artillery, but I would assume they'd need at least a gauging shot or something, eh? First shot? I'm curious of the situation.

Normally all they need is elevation, wind and range, and can get pretty close.

Either way, neither of those make those kinds of explosions or create that kind of a shockwave - it's gotta be a bomb - probably laser guided given the proximity of impact :)

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":690f5 said:
>|<>QBB<

Normally all they need is elevation, wind and range, and can get pretty close.

Either way, neither of those make those kinds of explosions or create that kind of a shockwave - it's gotta be a bomb - probably laser guided given the proximity of impact :)

@ 00:03 5 shots fired from a large calibur machine gun from the nearest tank.

@ 00:28 a tank round fired from the tank nearest the building.

@ 00:45 a smart bomb from a drone.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul said:
>|<>QBB<

quote] If it saves the life of just one of our guys, its well worth the expense IMO but I hear where youre coming from...

That was friggin cool as hell...

these days they have UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) with hellfire missles on them...you can las a target with a remote designator, have the UAV designate, or also radar designated fired from Apaches. Cool shit, I got to see the first radar guided one fired in theater in kuwait, but at the time in 2k3 they were weighing in at $186,000 a pop (the laser designated ones are way cheaper). Sorry for the random trivia!

>|<>QBB<
grooveHT":4e0ff said:
these days they have UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) with hellfire missles on them...you can las a target with a remote designator, have the UAV designate, or also radar designated fired from Apaches. Cool shit, I got to see the first radar guided one fired in theater in kuwait, but at the time in 2k3 they were weighing in at $186,000 a pop (the laser designated ones are way cheaper). Sorry for the random trivia!
Cool To Know Jeff and AFAIC, If spending 186K a pop saves One of our guys, Then Im all for it...

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":137c7 said:
>|<>QBB<
kannibul":137c7 said:
>|<>QBB<

quote] If it saves the life of just one of our guys, its well worth the expense IMO but I hear where youre coming from...

That was friggin cool as hell...

True - our lives are certainly worth the 10K worth of bomb dropped - didn't look at it that way. I was assuming we'd nail his ass without a friendly casualty :)

That WAS pretty fricken funny! But Ida had more fun counter sniping him. I mean you could see the guy.. ;)

Back