So what Clip On Tuners are Y’all Liking?

skoora

Getting tired of my Snarks. Falls apart too easily. Maybe something on GC? I have $60 there to burn.

Every Snark I've had broke somewhere along the way. I have a Korg pitchclip that I've had for a few years that's worked well, but if this one stops working or breaks I'd also go for a Peterson.

Really liking my TC clip on tuner. Bright display, stable needle, and the batteries seem to last forever.

The Snark would eat through batteries. In fact, the same “dead” battery in the Snark then lasted for ages more on the TC. Well worth the price difference in my opinion.

I’ve got a couple of the TC clip tuners. They seem really accurate and precise. But I’m sure you couldn’t go wrong with a Peterson, either. I bought a Peterson Strobostomp a while back to set intonation and I was surprised at how far off my guitars were - even when I set them ‘carefully’ with my old boss tuner.

I use these. They're more discreet..

planet-waves-ns-micro-headstock-tuner-88__36546.jpg

Seeing everyone recommend Peterson is interesting. I have used Snarks for years but the tuning is not accurate enough. Honestly, I haven't found a tuner as accurate as Id like in almost any format. Maybe I am blessed/cursed from all the years in band playing various instruments since I was very young but I can hear sharp/flat better than the tuner. The damn needle doesn't even move when I make my adjustments but I can HEAR the pitch going up or down.

A strobe tuner may be closer than the Snarks at least. Let us know what you end up getting!

Seeing everyone recommend Peterson is interesting. I have used Snarks for years but the tuning is not accurate enough. Honestly, I haven't found a tuner as accurate as Id like in almost any format. Maybe I am blessed/cursed from all the years in band playing various instruments since I was very young but I can hear sharp/flat better than the tuner. The damn needle doesn't even move when I make my adjustments but I can HEAR the pitch going up or down.

A strobe tuner may be closer than the Snarks at least. Let us know what you end up getting!
Those old coffee thermos sized Strobe Tuners with the handle on top from the 70's are probably what you need. Multiple spinning dials that you can never get to completely line up because tuning is deficient by it's very nature. If you have perfect pitch or a high level of relative pitch it probably won't be good enough even then.

https://reverb.com/p/conn-st-11-str...MIzve2laC1hQMVNnJ_AB1nMgb8EAQYASABEgICGPD_BwE

I was using snarks and a bandmate let me try his little clip on Peterson. I didn't say anything at the time but was blown away by how much better my guitar sounded and played and I ain't a gear hype guy at all. Luxuries once sampled become necessities so that's what I use now. I hate extra pedals so a clip on tuner is swell.

Those old coffee thermos sized Strobe Tuners with the handle on top from the 70's are probably what you need. Multiple spinning dials that you can never get to completely line up because tuning is deficient by it's very nature. If you have perfect pitch or a high level of relative pitch it probably won't be good enough even then.

https://reverb.com/p/conn-st-11-str...MIzve2laC1hQMVNnJ_AB1nMgb8EAQYASABEgICGPD_BwE

I was using snarks and a bandmate let me try his little clip on Peterson. I didn't say anything at the time but was blown away by how much better my guitar sounded and played and I ain't a gear hype guy at all. Luxuries once sampled become necessities so that's what I use now. I hate extra pedals so a clip on tuner is swell.
That is exactly what we used in band for all of those years!!! I did think of getting one but it's a bit overkill and I am limited on space, still..... May just have to get one anyway. When I'm teaching the kids music, it will come in handy.

Will definitely check out the Peterson - thanks!!

That is exactly what we used in band for all of those years!!! I did think of getting one but it's a bit overkill and I am limited on space, still..... May just have to get one anyway. When I'm teaching the kids music, it will come in handy.

Will definitely check out the Peterson - thanks!!
No problem brother. Make sure you check on them close when shopping because I think they require calibration every now and again though I don't know how often or what all is required for it.

Peterson. Dug through enough comparisons online before buying to see that it's the most sensitive clip-on in direct comparisons. I haven't had an issue with batteries either. The screen is also high contrast enough to use in direct sunlight in my experience. As far as breaking, I haven't had that happen yet. Peterson does warranty it though for a year or two and from what I've heard will make good on it if it does break (some reviews mentioned it breaking). I've just been tossing it in my gig bag and letting it knock around against stuff without issue so far, though recently I started clipping it onto an empty pack of strings so that it's easier to find when I reach into the pocket.

I have this one I posted in the link. I had some MF bucks or otherwise I dunno I woulda ponied up that for a clip on. It absolutely is the best clip I've used though.

Peterson clip on

I've got the Korg, D'Addario, and the Peterson. I second what most others have said and would go with the Peterson. To me, it is the most accurate.

I love the Korg Pitchclip. I might have to go try the Peterson. If I'm using a clip on tuner though, accuracy isn't a priority.

Back